Gingerbread Playdough Activity for Kids
Make this fun gingerbread playdough this Christmas. This is such a fun activity for kids and very easy to make.
Gingerbread is such an iconic smell of the holiday season! If you love decorating Gingerbread men and houses, you will love this Gingerbread Playdough! It’s really easy to make and your kids will have so much fun making and decorating the Gingerbread men. This would be such a great sensory activity to do for Christmas!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
How to make Gingerbread Playdough
Combine the salt, water, oil, cream of tartar, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until boiling begins.
Add the flour and lower the heat, stirring vigorously until the dough pulls away from the sides of the saucepan and begins to form a ball. There might appear to be small lumps of flour not blending in but these will blend during kneading. (We think the dough looks like refried beans.)
Remove from the heat and turn out onto parchment paper or wax paper. Allow to cool briefly.
Knead well, having fun by rolling and punching. This will blend in the small lumps of flour.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature before playing.
Do you love this Gingerbread Playdough? Check out these Christmas Craft Ideas Your Kids Will Love too!
- Beaded Wreath Ornament Craft
- Edible Gingerbread Slime
- Santa Belly Slime
- Dollar Store Santa Dinosaur Craft
- Christmas Charm Bracelet Craft
- Jingle Bell Bracelet Craft
- Christmas Tree Cone Ornament Craft
- Snowman Charm Bracelet Craft
- Peppermint Charm Bracelet Craft
- Photo Snow Club Craft
- Super Spacey Galaxy Ornament
- Salt Dough Christmas Tree Ornament
- Snowman Terra Cotta Pot Ornament
- Handprint Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Clear Painted Unicorn Ornament Craft
- Easy Cinnamon Ornaments to make with your kids
- Clear Filled Santa Belly Ornament Craft
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament
- Sorcerer Mickey Christmas Ornament
- Easy Mason Jar Lid Snowman Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Santa Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Grinch Ornament Craft
- Christmas Craft Stick Ornaments
- Clear Filled Snowman Ornament Craft
Check Out These Christmas Traditions Your Family Will Cherish! These Are Definitely Great For A Stress Free Holiday
Christmas traditions are some of the most powerful bonding opportunities for your family. I know the memories I made as a kid at Christmas-time are a strong anchor for me as an adult.
There are so many ideas though. It’s hard to keep track, isn’t it? Well, these Christmas family traditions are fantastic. Hope you like these ideas!
- Throw a North Pole Breakfast for your kids
- Where to go for a Virtual Santa Visit
- DIY Dollar Store Christmas Decorations
- Kid Friendly Advent Calendars Kids Will Love!
- Make a Christmas Eve Box for Your Family and Start This Fun Tradition!
- Simple Tips for Making Christmas Cookies With Kids
- Fun Holiday Party Games For Kids
- Simple Ways For Kids to Help Decorate For Christmas
- How to Keep Kids Entertained During Holiday Dinners
- Holiday Traditions You Can Skip For a Stress Free Holiday
- The Best Gingerbread House Making Kits Ever!
- Take your family on the North Pole Express- FREE Printable
- How to answer the most common questions your kids have about Santa
- Easy ways to help kids in need this Christmas
- 10 Family Bonding activities for the best Christmas ever!
- Drool-Worthy Christmas Cookies You Have to Bake This Year!