Snowman Terra Cotta Pot Bell Ornament Craft For Kids
Celebrate all things winter and Christmas with this super fun Snowman Terra Cotta Pot Bell Ornament. A great craft for kids!
Snowmen are such a fun part of both Christmas and the winter season! It would be super fun to recreate this cute little dude with your kids this holiday season.
And the fact that this little terra cotta pot is actually a small bell too… now that is even better!
What you will need:
- Small to medium terra cotta pots
- White glossy acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Festive ribbon
- Craft Bells
- Miniature black pom poms
- Small black pom poms
- Miniature orange pom poms
- Coiled yarn (red and white)
- Green or red chenille stems
- Green or red pom poms
- Tacky glue
- Tweezers, if needed
How to make the Snowman terra cot pot bell:
1. Paint terra cotta pots on the outside and inside. Allow to dry completely. A second coat may be required. Clear the hole in the bottom of the terra cotta pot using a bamboo skewer or toothpick.
2. Cut a piece of ribbon approximately 6 inches long. Thread one end of the ribbon through the hoop end of a bell. Position the bell in the middle of the ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half and knot the ribbon just above the bell and again about one inch above the first knot.
3. Thread the ends of the ribbon through the hole in the bottom of the terra cotta pot. Using tweezers may help pull the ribbons through the hole
4. Once the ribbon is pulled all the way through the hole, add another knot close to the cut end of the ribbon to create a way to hang the ornament. Trim the ends of the ribbon to clean up any raveling pieces.
5. Decorate the ornament using tacky glue to place the coiled yarn as a scarf, an orange pom pom for the nose, and small black pom poms for the eyes. The miniature black pom poms are for the mouth.
6. For the ear muffs, fold a chenille stem in half. Twist the chenille stem. Cut to the length desired to create the arch over the terra cotta pot. (Length depends on the size of the pot.)
7. Glue the ends of the chenille stem in place. Over the chenille ends, glue a pom pom. Allow to dry completely before displaying or packaging as a gift.
More Christmas Ornament Ideas Your Kids Will Love!
- Beaded Wreath Ornament Craft
- Handprint Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Easy Cinnamon Ornaments to make with your kids
- Clear Filled Santa Belly Ornament Craft
- Easy Mason Jar Lid Snowman Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Santa Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Grinch Ornament Craft
- Christmas Craft Stick Ornaments
- Clear Filled Snowman Ornament Craft