Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
Clear Filled Snowman Ornament Craft For Kids
This snowman ornament craft for kids is really super cute and easy to make. It uses clear plastic ornaments and a few fun flourishes.
One of the Christmas activities I do with my daughter at Christmas that brings me the most joy is creating Christmas crafts with her. Christmas ornaments in particular are a family favorite because once the ornaments are made, they become treasured family heirlooms for year to come.
Christmas ornaments don’t have to be complicated to be cute either. This snowman ornament craft is perfect because it is super easy to create, fast, and so incredibly adorable!
What will you need?
- Clear plastic or glass ball ornaments
- Orange acrylic paint
- Black acrylic paint
- Cotton swab
- Red and green chenille stems
- Red and green pom poms
- Glue (Used: Hot glue)
- White foam snow pebbles
How do you make the snowman ornament?
- Remove the cap from each ornament. Using a funnel, fill the clear ornament full with snow pebbles. Replace the cap.
- Wrap chenille stems around the cap of the ornament to create a loose spiral. Remove the chenille stems and set aside. Creating this spiral helps create a neater wrap around the ornament.
- Using glue, attach the chenille stems in circular rows beginning at the cap of the ornament and covering about 1/4 of the ornament with the chenille stems.
- To one side, attach a pom pom with glue. (Tip: Choose an area where the chenille stems do not look their best to hide the imperfections.)
- Once the hat is completely set, use a cotton swab to dab circles of black paint for the eyes and mouth and orange for the nose. Allow to dry completely before hanging.
And there you have it. Aren’t these snowmen festive and utterly adorable?
Check out these fun Christmas ideas too!
- North Pole Express Kit
- 30 Days of Christmas Books
- 30 Day of Christmas Fun Bucket List
- Christmas Giving Bucket List
- Santa, Rudolph, and Frosty Craft Stick Ornaments