Reindeer Terra Cotta Pot Bell Ornament Craft For Kids
This Reindeer Terra Cotta Pot Bell Ornament craft for kids is so much fun and will look amazing on your tree!
Sometimes the strangest materials make the cutest crafts! Check out this adorable reindeer ornament craft made from mini terra cotta pots! This is such a cute idea and you and your kids would have a blast making this cutie for Christmas this year!
What you will need:
- Small to medium terra cotta pots
- Brown glossy acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Festive ribbon
- Craft Bells
- Red buttons
- Googly eyes
- Tan chenille stems
- Tacky glue
- Tweezers, if needed
How to make the reindeer ornament:
1. Paint terra cotta pots on the outside and inside. Allow to dry completely. A second coat may be required. Clear the hole in the bottom of the terra cotta pot using a bamboo skewer or toothpick.
2. Cut a piece of ribbon approximately 6 inches long. Thread one end of the ribbon through the hoop end of a bell. Position the bell in the middle of the ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half and knot the ribbon just above the bell and again about one inch above the first knot.
3. Thread the ends of the ribbon through the hole in the bottom of the terra cotta pot. Using tweezers may help pull the ribbons through the hole.
4. Once the ribbon is pulled all the way through the hole, add another knot close to the cut end of the ribbon to create a way to hang the ornament. Trim the ends of the ribbon to clean up any raveling pieces.
5. Decorate the ornament using tacky glue. Place a button for the nose and googly eyes.
6. For the antlers, fold two chenille stems in half. Crimp the chenille stems into thirds to create antlers. Push the loose ends of the chenille stems into the hold where the ribbon comes through.
7. On the inside, flatten the ends of the chenille stems so they will remain in place. The fit should be very tight. If not, use additional tacky glue to secure the antlers from the inside of the pot.
Christmas Traditions Your Family Will Cherish
What Christmas traditions do you love to do with your family? What were your cherished family Christmas traditions from when you were a child?
Once my daughter was born I realized that there are so many fun ways to create amazing family memories. Here are some more ideas if you are feeling stuck.. or if you just want to try something new!
- Throw a North Pole Breakfast for your kids
- Santa official nice list certificate- FREE Printable
- Take your family on the North Pole Express- FREE Printable
- How to answer the most common questions your kids have about Santa
- Easy ways to help kids in need this Christmas
- 10 Family Bonding activities for the best Christmas ever!
More Christmas Ornament Ideas Your Kids Will Love!
- Beaded Wreath Ornament Craft
- Handprint Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Easy Cinnamon Ornaments to make with your kids
- Clear Filled Santa Belly Ornament Craft
- Easy Mason Jar Lid Snowman Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Santa Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Grinch Ornament Craft
- Christmas Craft Stick Ornaments
- Clear Filled Snowman Ornament Craft