Clear Filled Santa Ornament Craft For Kids
This super cute Santa Ornament Craft for kids uses clear fillable plastic or glass ornaments to make Christmas’ biggest celebrity!
There are so many creative ornament crafts you can make with plastic or glass clear ornament balls. The possibilities are really endless and many times, the craft itself will be super easy for even young kids to make!
This Santa Ornament craft for kids is exactly that kind of craft. Using a plastic or glass clear ornament ball as the base, you and your kids will have a blast transforming it into Jolly Old Saint Nick.
What will you need:
- Clear plastic or glass ball ornaments
- Flesh-toned acrylic paint
- Red acrylic paint
- 1 inch foam paint brush)
- Cotton swab
- Red and white chenille stems
- White pom poms
- Wiggly eyes
- Glue (Used: Hot glue)
- White foam snow pebbles
How to make the Santa Ornament
- Remove the cap from each ornament. Using a funnel, fill the clear ornament full with snow pebbles. Replace the cap.
- Wrap chenille stems around the cap of the ornament to create a loose spiral. Remove the chenille stems and set aside. Creating this spiral helps create a neater wrap around the ornament.
- Using glue, attach the chenille stems in circular rows beginning at the cap of the ornament and covering about 1/4 of the ornament with the chenille stems.
- To one side, attach a pom pom with glue. (Tip: Choose an area where the chenille stems do not look their best to hide the imperfections.)
- Once the hat is completely set, paint a half circle beginning at the edge of the hat and curving to create the face area. Allow the face to dry completely.
- Using glue, attach the eyes.
- Between the eyes, use a cotton swab to dab a tiny circle of red paint for the nose. Allow to dry completely before hanging.
This Santa is super adorable. Such a festive addition to your holiday decorations!
Check out these fun Christmas ideas too!
- Clear Filled Grinch Ornament Craft
- Christmas Craft Stick Ornaments
- Clear Filled Snowman Ornament Craft
- Pom Pom Candy Cane Decoration for Kids to Make
- Felt Christmas Tree Decorating Activity
- 30 Days of Christmas Books (FREE Printable!)
- 30 Days of Christmas Activities your kids will love (FREE Printable!)
- Christmas Giving Bucket List (FREE Printable!)
- North Pole Express Kit (FREE Printable!)