Handprint Christmas Tree Ornament Craft For Kids
If you want a fantastic keepsake Christmas ornament, this Handprint Christmas Tree Ornament craft would certainly create some great memories!
Many of my favorite Christmas ornaments are keepsake ornaments that mark time for my daughter. You know the ones I am talking about, don’t you? Ornaments that include photos, baby’s 1st Christmas, and ornaments your kids make for you.
One of the sweetest keepsake Christmas ornaments involve a kid’s handprint or footprint. I get all sappy every year when we delicately pull each keepsake ornament out of the box to hang on the tree.
And it doesn’t matter if your child is a baby, young child, or even older. If the ornament captures a piece of them, you will cherish it always.
This adorable Handprint Christmas Tree Ornament craft for kids is perfect for fun now, and cherished memories later.
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- White Cardstock
- Green tempera paint
- Paint brush
- Laminating sheets
- Assorted sequins and glitter
- Hole punch
How to make this Handprint Christmas Tree Ornament!
1. Paint the palm of your child’s hand and press against the cardstock. Allow handprint to dry completely.
2. Cut the handprint from the cardstock.
3. Laminate the handprint.
4. Help your kids decorate the handprint with glitter and sequins. Allow the ornament to dry completely.
5. Punch a small hole through the tip of the middle finger and attach a ribbon for hanging.
Christmas Traditions Your Family Will Cherish
Christmas traditions are some of the most powerful bonding opportunities for your family. I know the memories I made as a kid at Christmas-time are a strong anchor for me as an adult.
There are so many ideas though. It’s hard to keep track, isn’t it? Well, these Christmas family traditions are fantastic. Hope you like these ideas!
- Throw a North Pole Breakfast for your kids
- Santa official nice list certificate- FREE Printable
- Take your family on the North Pole Express- FREE Printable
- How to answer the most common questions your kids have about Santa
- Easy ways to help kids in need this Christmas
- 10 Family Bonding activities for the best Christmas ever!
More Christmas Ornament Ideas Your Kids Will Love!
- Simple Beaded Wreath Ornament Craft
- Easy Cinnamon Ornaments to make with your kids
- Clear Filled Santa Belly Ornament Craft
- Easy Mason Jar Lid Snowman Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Santa Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Grinch Ornament Craft
- Christmas Craft Stick Ornaments
- Clear Filled Snowman Ornament Craft