Fall Leaves Paper Plate Wreath Craft for Kids
Check out this super cute and fun fall leaves paper plate wreath craft for kids. This is the perfect craft to do with your kids.. especially your young kids, this fall.
Did you see it? The leaves are starting to change colors. Before you know it the trees will explode with fall colors– yellow, orange, red, .. even purple! Every fall we love taking fall hikes and nature walks. We collect leaves and pinecones and then bring our treasures home to make cute crafts!
But you don’t have to wait for a nature walk to make cute fall leaves-inspired crafts with your kids. This super cute Fall Leaves Paper Plate Wreath Craft for Kids is so easy and would be lovely to hang in your house this fall! Get the full tutorial and FREE craft template below!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What You Will Need:
- Cardstock or construction paper in various shades of orange, red, yellow, and purple or pink (this is a good bundle of fall color cardstock)
- Glue dots or glue. Elmer’s glue will probably work best for this craft
- White dinner-size paper plate
- Pencil for tracing the leaves
- Leaf template printed on cardstock– the color doesn’t matter for the template. (see below to get your FREE template!)
How To Make This Fall Leaves Paper Plate Wreath Craft:
1. Print the leaf template on cardstock and cut the leaves templates out. There are multiple leaf shapes so that is fun! Older kids can totally handle this cutting job on their own. Younger kids might need some help though, especially with the nooks and crannies of the leaves.
2. Trace the various leaf shapes onto colored construction paper. Cut the leaves out. You will probably need around 20-25 leaves per wreath.
3. Now let’s cut the wreath shape out of the paper plate. Cut the middle out of the paper plate. Ok, it’s really that easy.
4. Attach the leaves to the paper plate wreath using Elmer’s glue. Elmer’s glue really will work best for this craft. You could help your kids put little dots of glue on each leaf before they arrange them. Or, you could squirt glue onto a small paper plate and let your young kids ‘paint’ the back of each leaf with a coat of glue before they stick the leaves on the paper plate wreath. Just don’t use too much glue or this project will get a little messy. You could also use glue dots or a glue stick if you wanted.
5. At the top of the wreath, use a hole-punch to punch 1 hole through the leaves.
- Cut a length of ribbon (any pretty Fall-color or themed ribbon would work) for the hanger. The ribbon length can be short or longer depending on where you want to hang the wreath. String the ribbon through the punched hole and then tie a knot.
Check out how cute this Fall Leaves Wreath is! Your kids will love hanging this pretty much anywhere in the house.. their bedroom, the kitchen, the front door. It would look super cute anywhere!
Check Out These Ideas For More Ideas To Enjoy Fall!
- Enjoy the fall season with your family
- Fall family fun bucket list!
- Play this game of Autumn Charades!
- Fall Nature Crafts Your Kids Will Love
- Fall Tree Cork Painting Craft for Kids
- Marbled Paper Fall Leaf Craft for Kids
- Fall Color Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Best Pumpkin Carving Tips For An Awesome Halloween
- 15 Family Friendly Halloween Movies
- 10 Fun Halloween Traditions To Start With Your Family
- Dollar Store Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin Paper Bag Craft for Kids
- Apple Paper Bag Craft for Kids
- Fall Tree Play Doh Activity for Kids
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Wreath Craft
- Apple Stamping Craft for Kids