Apple Stamping Craft For Kids
This apple stamping craft for kids is the perfect fall painting activity. A perfect activity for young kids too!
I know most people associate fall with pumpkins, but our family adores apples. Apple picking, caramel apples, apple cider. Everything about apples and autumn make me so happy! So, of course I had to do this fantastic apple stamping craft with my daughter!
This is a ridiculously easy fall craft to do with your kids. Even super young kids will love creating their own fall apple masterpiece. Read on to get the full tutorial and tips for how to really make this craft pop!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- Thick paper (like cardstock)– white cardstock will work best
- Tempera paint in red, yellow, and green
- Paper plate or flat painting tray
- Knife (for parental use only)
- Popsicle sticks, optional
How to do this adorable apple stamping craft:
1. Slice the apple in half with the knife. Parents, this will require your involvement no matter which way you slice it (pun totally intended). Either you can slice the apples ahead of time and prepare the craft activity for your kids. Or, you can supervise your kids cutting the apple if you wanted to practice kitchen skills like using a knife.
2. If desired, press a popsicle stick into the skinned side of the apple to create a handle. You don’t need to do this step. You could totally just use your hands to stamp the apple on the paper. However, the popsicle stick could be a fun handle for younger kids.
3. Place a small amount of paint in each color on a paper plate or paint tray. If you have a paint tray, that’s great. But a basic paper plate makes a great paint palette as well. For a more colorful apple stamp painting, be sure to use all the bright fall colors– red, yellow, orange, and green.
4. Encourage children to press the cut side of the apple into the paint and then press the apple onto a sheet of cardstock or thick paper. They could even get super creative and use a paintbrush to brush the paint onto the apple halves. If they do this, your kids could actually use more than one color for a fall rainbow stamping effect. That would be gorgeous too!
- If you want to make an easy frame for your child’s masterpiece, trim the cardstock so it is about 1 inch smaller all the way around. Then use glue to mount your apple stamping painting to a sheet of black cardstock.
Check Out These Ideas For More Ideas To Enjoy Fall!
- Enjoy the fall season with your family
- Fall family fun bucket list!
- Play this game of Autumn Charades!
- Fall Nature Crafts Your Kids Will Love
- Fall Tree Cork Painting Craft for Kids
- Marbled Paper Fall Leaf Craft for Kids
- Fall Color Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Best Pumpkin Carving Tips For An Awesome Halloween
- 15 Family Friendly Halloween Movies
- 10 Fun Halloween Traditions To Start With Your Family
- Dollar Store Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin Paper Bag Craft for Kids
- Apple Paper Bag Craft for Kids
- Fall Tree Play Doh Activity for Kids
- Pumpkin Paper Plate Wreath Craft