Fall Family Bucket List: 30 Must-Do Activities for Your Family to Enjoy
These 30 activities are essentials for your fall family bucket list!
The fall season is packed with opportunities for family fun. From football games to hayrides, there are so many great ways to spend time together as a family during the fall. But with so many options available to your family, it can be hard to decide which ones to do!
A great way to keep your family activities organized and to make sure you do everything you want to do this fall is to create a fall family bucket list.
To create a bucket list for your family, it’s best to hold a family meeting. Getting all your family members together in one place will ensure everyone has a voice as you create your list.
Make sure to get the opinions of everyone in your family so no one feels left out! Then, start crafting a list of everything your family wants to do during the fall. When planning your fall family bucket list, consider adding these 30 must-do activities for your family to enjoy.
Fall Bucket List Ideas To Get You Started!
1. Play in the leaves. You’re going to have to rake the leaves in your yard anyway, why not make it fun? Rake all the leaves into a pile and jump in! Then work together to clean up the yard when you’re finished playing.
2. Pick some apples. Fall is apple season, which means your family can have a blast picking their own apples. Head to your local orchard to find your own fresh apples this fall.
3. Make something with apples. From homemade applesauce to sweet apple pie, baking with apples is a must during harvest season!
4. Make soup. Warm up on a cool fall day with a bowl of homemade soup.
5. Go camping. Take a break from technology and enjoy the beautiful scenery fall provides outside on a fall camping trip with your family.
Fall is the perfect time to go outside!
6. Gather around a bonfire. Whether you roast marshmallows and make s’mores or tell scary stories around the fire, gathering together around a bonfire is a must on a cool fall night.
7. Decorate for Halloween. Make your home the spookiest on the block this year by decorating the exterior for Halloween.
8. Decorate pumpkins. Decorated pumpkins are the perfect accent pieces to your awesome Halloween decorations.
9. Visit a pumpkin patch. You’re going to need the perfect pumpkins to decorate. Find the best pumpkins for your projects at the local pumpkin patch.
10. Look at the leaves. With the leaves changing colors on all the trees, fall is a beautiful time of year. Head outside for a walk or go for a drive and enjoy the beautiful fall colors.
11. Cheer for the team at a tailgate. Football loving families can enjoy rooting on their favorite team at a tailgate this fall.
12. Make your own Halloween costume. Skip the store-bought costumes this year and work together to make your own.
13. Go trick or treating. Show off your costumes around the neighborhood while trick or treating.
14. Get lost in a corn maze. Challenge your family members to a race through a corn maze.
15. Have a movie marathon. From scary movies to fall classics, there are so many great choices for a movie marathon. And with the amazing weather in the fall, you can even watch them outside!
More Great Ideas for Fall Family Fun!
16. Host a party. From football games to Halloween, there are so many excuses to host a party this fall.
17. Be thankful. Take the time to remember all the things your family can be grateful for this season.
18. Go on a road trip. Take a break from everyday life and head out on the road to your favorite destination this fall.
19. Visit a national park. Don’t know where to go? Head to a nearby national park to enjoy the fall foliage for the weekend.
20. Play outside. There are so many activities your family can do outside during the fall. Take advantage of the weather before it gets to cold!
21. Bake something with pumpkin. Pumpkin is another favorite seasonal crop during the fall months and the taste is amazing.
22. Go to a haunted house. If your family is brave, head to a haunted house for some scary fun.
23. Make something with leaves. Get creative and craft something using leaves this fall.
24. Go on a hayride. Your kids will have a blast sitting on hay and being pulled by a tractor.
More Uniquely Fall Fun Ideas!
25. Donate to the food pantry. The holiday season can be difficult for some families. Come together as a family to give back with a donation to the food pantry.
26. Fly a kite. The brisk fall wind is perfect for kite flying.
27. Check out a fall festival. Fall is filled with tons of amazing events. Find a local festival to enjoy on a fall afternoon.
28. Drink apple cider. There’s no better way to warm up on a cool fall evening.
29. Take family photos. The beautiful scenery and great weather make the fall months a perfect time to take some updated family photos this year.
30. Go for a hike. Enjoy the beauty of nature during the fall up close and personal on a nature hike.
Check out these fun ideas for the fall!
- Fall Tree Cork Painting Craft for Kids
- Marbled Paper Fall Leaf Craft for Kids
- Fall Color Stained Glass Craft for Kids