Clear Painted Unicorn Ornament Craft
This unicorn ornament craft uses clear plastic ornaments acrylic paint and glitter to create a super pretty shimmery effect. Perfect for Christmas ornament crafting with your kids!
Making Christmas ornaments is one of the most fun Christmas traditions our family does every year. I absolutely love these Unicorn Ornament crafts. If you have a unicorn lover in your family, you have to make these fun Christmas ornaments this year! Your kids will love them too because you get to swirl paint and glitter around inside but there isn’t a huge mess.
Check out the tutorial below and watch these gorgeous ornaments shimmer!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- Clear, plastic ornament balls
- Acrylic paint in purple, blue, silver glitter, or other desired colors (paints with glitter included work best)
- Iridescent glitter
- White paint
- Disposable cups
- Cardboard cone
- Glue (a thick, tacky glue works best)
- Foam paint brush
- Foam sheets in colors to match the paint
- Binder clips or clothespins
- Black glitter
- Star garland
How to make the unicorn ornament:
1. Remove the hanging top from the ornaments.
2. Add about 1 teaspoon of glitter to the ornament if using.
3. Pour a small amount of paint into the ball, turn slightly, and add an additional color. Continue adding the paint and turning the ball until all the colors you desire to include are in the ornament.
4. Turn and twist the ball, adding additional paint if needed, until the ball is completely coated on the inside.
5. Invert the ball over a disposable cup and allow the paint to run out overnight.
6. Turn the ball with the hole facing up and allow it to dry for an additional 24 hours before replacing the hanging top.
7. Cut about 2 inches from the cone’s tip to be the unicorn horn. Paint with white paint and immediately sprinkle with iridescent glitter. Allow to dry overnight.
8. Meanwhile, cut the foam sheets into shapes to resemble inner and outer ears. Glue the inner ear to the outer ear, allowing to dry completely before proceeding.
9. When the ears are dry, add a small dot of glue to the middle of the bottom seam. Fold the ear in half lengthwise and press with a clothespin or binder clip. Allow to dry completely.
10. As the ears dry, use glue to create two small arcs on each ornament to be the eyes. Sprinkle immediately with black glitter and allow to dry completely.
11. Attach the ears and horn with glue. Allow to dry completely.
12. Twist the star garland in a zip zap pattern to fit around the ears and horn. Use glue to attach the star garland.
Isn’t this the most gorgeous unicorn ornament?
Do you love this Unicorn Christmas Ornament? Check out these Christmas Ornament Ideas Your Kids Will Love!
- Beaded Wreath Ornament Craft
- Snowman Terra Cotta Pot Ornament
- Handprint Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Easy Cinnamon Ornaments to make with your kids
- Clear Filled Santa Belly Ornament Craft
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament
- Sorcerer Mickey Christmas Ornament
- Easy Mason Jar Lid Snowman Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Santa Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Grinch Ornament Craft
- Christmas Craft Stick Ornaments
- Clear Filled Snowman Ornament Craft
Check Out These Christmas Traditions Your Family Will Cherish! These Are Definitely Great For A Stress Free Holiday
Christmas traditions are some of the most powerful bonding opportunities for your family. I know the memories I made as a kid at Christmas-time are a strong anchor for me as an adult.
There are so many ideas though. It’s hard to keep track, isn’t it? Well, these Christmas family traditions are fantastic. Hope you like these ideas!
- Throw a North Pole Breakfast for your kids
- DIY Dollar Store Christmas Decorations
- Kid Friendly Advent Calendars Kids Will Love!
- Make a Christmas Eve Box for Your Family and Start This Fun Tradition!
- Simple Tips for Making Christmas Cookies With Kids
- Fun Holiday Party Games For Kids
- Simple Ways For Kids to Help Decorate For Christmas
- How to Keep Kids Entertained During Holiday Dinners
- Holiday Traditions You Can Skip For a Stress Free Holiday
- The Best Gingerbread House Making Kits Ever!
- Take your family on the North Pole Express- FREE Printable
- How to answer the most common questions your kids have about Santa
- Easy ways to help kids in need this Christmas
- 10 Family Bonding activities for the best Christmas ever!
- Drool-Worthy Christmas Cookies You Have to Bake This Year!