10 Fun At Home Summer Camp Themes
These 10 Fun at Home Summer Camp Themes are super creative and fresh.. and will delight your kids this summer!
If your child’s favorite summer camp was cancelled this summer, you may be considering hosting your own summer camp at home. One fun way to organize an at-home camp is to plan camp activities around a theme.
But with so many theme options to choose from, it can be hard to pick just one! Before you start planning your at-home summer camp, consider using one of these fun at-home summer camp themes.
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
Science or STEM Camp
Make your at-home summer camp fun and educational by hosting a science-themed camp this summer. With this fun summer camp theme, you can make learning fun by incorporating science activities into your summer camp.
Activities for your science summer camp could include making your own erupting volcano or making homemade slime. You could turn your camp snacks into science experiments by watching popcorn kernels transform into popcorn or freezing juice into popsicles.
Fun Science and STem Camp Ideas:
- How to Incorporate STEAM Activities into your Summer Fun
- 20 Science Experiments That Are Basically Magic
- 20+ STEM Challenges That Use Simple Materials
- 4 Fun Kitchen Science Experiments to Conduct This Summer
- Best Electricity Science Experiments for kids
- Fantastic Engineering Projects your kids will love
- 15 Edible Slime Recipes For Kids Who Love To Eat Slime
- Super Awesome Color Changing Slime
- Glow in the Dark Slime
- The Best Fluffy Slime Recipes Your Kids Will Want To Play With For Hours!
- Easy Slime recipes with 4 ingredients or less.
If you have kids who love to help out in the kitchen, why not host a baking camp this summer? A baking camp is a perfect at-home summer camp because you probably already have everything you need to host it right in your kitchen!
Teach your kids how to make a different recipe each day, and then enjoy those delicious snacks during your snack break. And don’t forget to incorporate some fun food-themed games and crafts into your activity schedule, too.
Do you have kids who love the beach? Turn that love into a fun summer camp. Learn about different sea life during your camp activities, then make some fun ocean themed crafts and snacks.
When you head outside for your outdoor activity time, use your ocean theme to create some fun water games your kids can play together in the backyard.
Fun Ocean-themed Activities
- How to Make Ocean Slime
- Make DIY Ocean Moon Sand
- FREE Ocean Animals Coloring and Activity Book (Printable)
Turn your kids’ love of space into a fun at-home camp theme this summer. With this theme, you can incorporate some educational elements, like watching a rocket launch or looking for constellations in the night sky.
And you can add some fun elements to the mix, like snacking on freeze-dried astronaut food and making your own planet mobile.
Fun Space-Themed Crafts and ACtivities
- 40+ Out of This World Space Crafts for Kids
- 15 Moon Rock Activities
- Blast off with these fun Rocket Crafts
Check out these fun Space-themed Games and Printables (for a super low price)
For each of the Space-themed printable packs shown below, click on the photo to purchase and download now!
Star Wars Camp
This summer, help your kids transform into Jedis by hosting a Star Wars camp at home. In addition to making some cool Star Wars crafts, your camp activities could include light saber training and a Star Wars obstacle course. And don’t forget to have a movie marathon to screen all your favorite Star Wars movies and shows.
Super awesome Star WArs Crafts and Activities
- The Best Star Wars Crafts In The Galaxy
- R2-D2 Paper Craft for Kids
- Star Wars Activity Pack for Kids (FREE Printable)
- Glow in the Dark Lightsaber Craft for Kids
- Death Star Paper Plate Craft
- Galaxy Slime
- BB8 Paper Plate Craft
- Princess Leia Paper Plate Craft
- Baby Yoda Paper Plate Craft
- Chewbacca Paper Bag Craft
With a traditional nature camp, your kids can have tons of camping fun. Set up a tent outside for a backyard campout, then use nature as the inspiration for your other camping activities. From heading out on a hike to creating art with items found in nature, there are tons of amazing ways you can use a nature camp theme to create a memorable at-home camping experience for your kids.
These are great ideas for a nature-themed camp week!
- 10 Fantastic Ways to Use Nature in Kid’s Crafts
- Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids (with FREE Printable)
- Plan the Perfect Backyard Campout
- Into the Night Scavenger Hunt (FREE Printable)
- DIY Felt and Cardboard Tube Explorer Kit
If your kid’s favorite part of summer camp is the crafts, they’ll love having an art themed camp at home! During your camp, focus on all things art, including various forms of art – from painting to music.
Let your kids explore different ways they can create and allow them to use their imagination and creativity throughout the week to make their own artwork. To take this camp theme beyond crafts, think about other fun ways you can use art throughout your camp, from decorating cookies during snack time to creating outdoor artwork with chalk.
Here are some great ideas for an Art-themed camp
- 20 Meaningful Art Therapy Projects for Kids
- Squeezy Oozy Painted Flower Pots
- How to Make Marbled Paper
- Shaving Cream Painting
- Melted Bead Heart Suncatcher
Whether your kids are interested in wizards or just love watching magic shows, creating a magic camp for your kids is another fun at-home camp idea. Teach your kids how to different magic tricks or find educational videos that will help them learn new tricks on their own. Then, set up an end-of-camp talent show so they can show off all the new tricks they learned.
Let your kids get a little dirty during their at-home summer camp with a farm theme. During this camp, your kids can plant a garden in your yard and tend to the garden throughout the summer. Or take a trip to your local Farmer’s Market to see farmers sell their fruits and vegetables each week.
Use the theme to create fun farm-themed crafts for craft day. You could also take the farm theme to the kitchen and help your kids learn to make a farm-to-table meal.
Ninja Warrior Camp
Do you have athletic kids who would enjoy a more active camp experience? A Ninja Warrior Themed camp is a great option! Let your campers learn martial arts with instruction from online videos to build up their Ninja strength.
Then, set up various obstacle courses in your backyard to challenge your ninjas each day of camp. And don’t forget to film your future Ninja Warriors completing their challenges so they can show off their skills to all their friends.
More At Home Summer CAmp Themes Ideas
- Easy Ways To Make Summer at Home Fun For Kids
- Low Prep Outdoor Activities For Your Kids
- 10 At Home Summer Camp Activities Your Kids Will Love
- Plan Your Own Backyard Olympics
- 10 Things to Do With Kids During a Staycation
- The Ultimate List of Staycation Ideas