Princess Leia Paper Plate Craft For Kids (With FREE Template)
Check out this Princess Leia Paper Plate Craft for kids. It’s the perfect craft to do with younger kids and a great idea to celebrate all things Star Wars!
Oh Princess Leia. Out of all the princesses in the universe of Disney, you are probably my favorite. You are so tough, such a great leader, and you picked the best boyfriend in the galaxy! (ha!)
Princess Leia and her famous hair buns are a super iconic part of the Star Wars saga. And if you want a fun activity to do with your kids (especially your young kids) for Star Wars Day (May the 4th), a Star Wars themed party, or even to prep for a trip to Disney– this is the perfect craft!
This craft is ridiculously easy because if you print out the craft template, you just have to cut out the pieces of Princess Leia’s face and glue them to a basic white paper plate. For real– this is a 10-15 minute craft. This is the perfect craft for toddlers or preschoolers. Parents can help with the cutting and gluing.. but you might be surprised at how well your young kids do on their own. The cutting alone would be the perfect activity to do with kids for fine motor skill practice!
Check out how easy this craft is below!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need for this craft:
- 1 paper plate
- Glue (glue sticks are probably fine. If not a glue stick, Elmer’s glue would be fine too)
- Popsicle stick (if you want to make Princess Leia into a puppet)
- Printable Leia Paper Plate templates (download the template here for FREE)
How to make the Princess LEia Paper Plate Craft
Here are the different files you will need to cut out:
- Help your kids cut out all the pieces They will need to cut out the eyes, nose, mouth, hair, and hair buns. Alternatively, if you want to make this craft more ‘crafty’, you could use the template to trace the hair and hair buns on brown construction paper, and then use the mouth template to trace the mouth on red construction paper.
- Glue the hair on first. Position the hair at the top edge of the paper plate.
- Next glue on the iconic Princess Leia hair buns Position the buns on the top right and top left of the paper plate, on top of the brown hair.
- Glue on the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If you want to turn Princess Leia into a puppet, turn the paper plate over and glue a craft stick the the bottom center of the back of the plate. A normal size craft stick would work but a jumbo size craft stick would work better. Also, I would definitely use Elmer’s Glue or craft glue instead of a glue stick for the puppet part.
- Allow the craft to dry completely before playing or displaying.
Check Out These Star Wars Ideas Too!
- DIY Glow In The Dark Lightsaber Craft
- Baby Yoda Paper Plate Craft
- Chewbacca Paper Bag Puppet
- Star Wars Activity Pack (FREE Printable)