Chewbacca Paper Bag Puppet Craft For Kids
Your Star Wars loving kids will love making this Chewbacca Paper Bag Puppet Craft! It’s such a cute and easy craft to make!
Do you remember that Mom a few years ago who bought the Chewbacca mask at Kohl’s and then cracked up the entire world by wearing it in her car and cracking up on the dash cam? (If you haven’t seen this video I will link to it below. you have to watch it!). Well, it is possible that one of those Chewbacca masks found a way into our home shortly afterwards.. and we have been terrorizing our puppy and cracking up the rest of the family ever since.
Chewbacca is everyone’s favorite wookie! Ever since Han Solo warned C3P0 that Chewbacca might rip his arm off if he lost a game, we were sold. Chewbacca is the best best friend anyone could want. He never gives up on his team mates. And, well.. he is tall and hairy. Ok, maybe that isn’t his best selling point… but it does make him awfully adorable.
And this Chewbacca Paper Bag Craft for Kids will certainly be a huge hit with your Star Wars loving kids!
What you will need:
- Brown paper bag
- Brown construction paper
- Googly eyes
- Red construction paper
- Black construction paper
- White construction paper
How to make the Chewbacca paper bag puppet craft
- Cut brown construction paper into pieces approximately 4 inches by 5 inches. (Size is not important as long as they are similar.)
- Cut each section of brown construction paper into strips leaving about ½ inch uncut so the strips remain attached to one another.
Glue pieces of brown construction paper to the brown paper bag, covering the front completely and overlapping as needed. Around the “face,” fold the strips back.
From the black construction paper, cut a nose shape as well as a strip approximately 1 inch by 5 inches.
From the white construction paper, cut small pieces approximately 1 inch by ¼ inch.
- Glue white pieces to the black strip in two rows.
Cut a tongue shape out of the red construction paper.
- Using glue, attach the tongue under the fold of the paper bag.
Next glue on the nose, eyes, and sash.
Allow to dry completely prior to playing.
Isn’t this the cutest Chewbacca puppet ever? Your kids will have a load of fun playing with this puppet craft!
Check Out These Fun Craft Ideas Too!
- Glow In The Dark Lightsaber Craft
- Baby Yoda Paper Plate Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll Airplane Craft
- Floating Craft Stick Rainbow Boat Craft
- Ferocious Lion Paper Plate Craft
- Polar Bear Puffy Slime
And as promised… here is the Mom with the Chewbacca Mask Video!