How To Make Ocean Slime
This is a super easy and fun recipe for how to make ocean slime. A great sensory play activity your kids will love!
If you’re looking for a fun way to get your kids excited about going to the beach or even a trip to the aquarium, this ocean slime recipe is sure to make them smile! A super fun and easy slime recipe that you can make quickly.. and it will provide loads of fun for kids.
Plus, you can add a few extra surprises to turn this sensory fun experience into a great play activity as well!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle clear Elmer’s Glue
- About ¼ cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon contact lens solution (containing boric acid)
- Blue food coloring
- Silver glitter
How to make Ocean Slime
1. Empty the glue into a large bowl.
2. Fill the empty glue bottle about ⅓ full with warm water (about ¼ cup) and seal with the lid. Shake well to combine the remaining glue with the water. Pour into bowl with glue and stir to combine.
3. Add the baking soda to the glue and stir to mix thoroughly.
4. If you are adding food coloring, glitter or confetti, stir the glitter into the glue mixture.
5. Add contact lens solution to the glue mixture and stir well. (Note: regular glue will require less contact lens solution than glitter glue. Add the contact lens solution slowly, mixing between additions, and add only enough to bring the glue together into a soft ball.)
6. Remove the slime from the bowl allowing any excess liquid to remain in the bowl. The slime will be sticky. Begin to play with the slime, kneading it as you would bread dough, to bring the slime together. The slime is ready when no longer sticky.
7. Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not in use.
Fun play ideas for your ocean slime
Slime is so much fun to play with all on it’s own. But you can also easily turn ocean slime into a fun ocean-themed play activity too!
Break out your plastic ocean animals like sharks, dolphins, fish, etc… Add in some sea shells.. and you can create a small little ocean world for your kids to explore.
You can also do a ocean slime-themed scavenger hunt by hiding objects inside the slime for your kids to fish out.
Check Out These Fun Sensory Ideas Too!
- How To Make Ocean Moon Sand
- 15 Edible Slime Recipes For Kids Who Love To Eat Slime
- Super Awesome Color Changing Slime
- Glow in the Dark Slime
- The Best Fluffy Slime Recipes Your Kids Will Want To Play With For Hours!
- Easy Slime recipes with 4 ingredients or less.
- Rainbow Slime To Make You Happy!
- Polar Bear Puffy Slime