Melted Bead Heart Suncatcher Craft for Kids
This melted bead heart suncatcher craft for kids is really easy to create and so adorable. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Isn’t this such a sweet and pretty craft idea? I love displaying suncatchers in our windows. These pretty melted bead heart suncatchers are perfect for a winter, pre-Valentine’s Day craft.
This craft is really easy to make but definitely requires adult supervision. But really, both kids and adults would love to make this craft.
Such a fun idea to celebrate Valentine’s Day With Kids.
What you will need:
- Plastic pony beads
- Heart shaped metal cookie or clay cutters
- Baking pan
- Aluminum foil
- Drill fitted with ⅛ inch drill bit
Note: Please be aware that the beads do release plastic smells/fumes as they melt. To avoid the smell, you can use a toaster oven outside.
How to make the heart suncatcher craft
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line baking pan with aluminum foil to protect the pan and make it easier for the ornaments to release from the pan.
3. Place cookie cutters on aluminum foil in baking pan. Fill each ornament with a single layer of beads. Use a toothpick or bamboo skewer to arrange the beads.
4. Carefully put the baking sheet in the oven and melt the beads. The time can vary based on the type of bead. Begin checking at 5 minutes. (My ornaments took 15 minutes to melt.) The ornaments are ready when the beads are melted and the hole in each bead has disappeared.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely prior to removing from the cookie cutters. To remove the ornaments, gently pull the sides of the cookie cutter away from the ornament.
6. Use the drill to create a small hole in each ornament for hanging.
Aren’t these suncatchers so pretty!
Check out these adorable Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas too!
- Cotton Ball Heart Painting Craft for Kids
- Craft Stick Love Bug Craft for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Cork Painting Craft for Kids
- Bee Mine Valentine’s Day Card for Kids to Make
- Sparkly Bow Band
- Ladybug Toilet Paper Roll Craft for Kids
- Easy Heart Suncatchers
- Love Bug Egg Craft for Kids
- Marbled Heart Bookmark Craft
- Footprint Ladybug Craft