Star Wars R2-D2 Paper Craft For Kids (FREE Printable)
Celebrate all things Star Wars with this super fun Star Wars R2-D2 Paper Craft for Kids! This is a cheap and easy Star Wars craft that kids and adults will both love making!
R2-D2 is everyone’s favorite Star Wars droid. No one really knows what he is saying except C3P0 and possibly Luke Skywalker. But that doesn’t stop us from cringing every time he ventures out to the wing of Luke’s ship to fix a stray bolt in the middle of an Imperial Army attack.
We know R2 has a mind of his own and is not afraid to do what his little droid mind thinks is best to advance the cause of the Rebellion.
You and your kids will love making this R2-D2 Paper Craft. It’s basically a line art study, but not the complicated kind you find in art school. Nope, this project will be easy enough (and cool enough) to keep kids occupied, but engaging enough that adults and older kids will want to make their own!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need (hint: not much– this is a cheap and easy Star Wars craft for sure!)
- White Cardstock (you can technically print on any white paper. However, cardstock is sturdier and the craft will turn out better on cardstock)
- Black Cardstock
- Crayons, Colored Pencils or Markers (these are some excellent colored pencils)
- Fine Tip Black Marker or Pen (I really like this pen)
- R2D2 line study craft template (download here for FREE)
How to create this R2D2 Line Study Craft
Draw the lines
- Download the FREE R2-D2 Craft Template
Draw lines (or any pattern you wish) in each of the closed areas. Follow this step until the entire
paper has a pattern in each area. It is not important that the lines are super straight or perfect. However, for the intended effect, kids should try to keep the lines in the same basic direction for each section of the R2-D2 line study.
- Make sure to draw in different directions for a unique look.
Note: Drawing lines like this helps kids learn dexterity by having to stay in the lines. The lines themselves will give your artwork more texture and depth. It will make it more interesting.
- Color the line study with crayons, colored pencils or markers. Tip: If you use markers, make sure your lines are bold enough to not be overcome by the bold colors of the markers. Same goes for Sharpies. The colors used in the example are red for the main light, light blue or turquoise blue for R2-D2’s body. And a grey for the other shaded areas of his body. And finally, a bright blue like cerulean for the background.
- When you finish coloring in the line study, trim off the excess white border and glue onto a sheet of colored
cardstock to make it pop.
Now your Star Wars artwork is ready to display! This would even make a great gift for a Star Wars loving parent or relative.
One of the things I love about this Star Wars craft is that kids can get really creative and experiment using different patterns and colors!
Even super young kids can have fun with this craft. If you think your kids are too young to do the line art part of the craft, they can always just use the template as a coloring page. This craft is super adaptable which makes it fun for multiple age ranges.
Check Out These Fun Star Wars Ideas Too!
- DIY Glow In The Dark Lightsaber Craft
- BB8 Paper Plate Craft For Kids
- Death Star Paper Plate Craft For Kids
- Princess Leia Paper Plate Craft
- Baby Yoda Paper Plate Craft
- Chewbacca Paper Bag Puppet
- Star Wars Activity Pack (FREE Printable)