Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
No Sew Stuffed Bat Craft for Kids
This adorable no sew stuffed bat craft for kids is the perfect easy craft to do for Halloween!
I do not like to sew. I never have. Threading a needle is too hard for my short, stubby fingers. So, I never bothered to learn how to sew.. pretty much anything.
That is why I absolutely love this adorable bat craft for kids. It is stuffed like a small soft stuffed animal or something, but there is no sewing involved. That is my kind of sewing project! This bat craft is really easy for even younger kids to make and shouldn’t take more than 15-20 minutes from beginning to end.
What will you need?
- white craft felt
- black craft felt or fabric
- hot glue, glue gun
- cotton balls
How to Make the No Sew Stuffed Bat
- Begin by folding the sheet of black craft felt in half. By doing this, you will have two identical pieces when you cut your bat shape.
- Cut out your bat shape out of the black crafting felt. You can create a stencil on a piece of paper first if you wish, or just freehand it like we did.
- Take a hot glue and run it along the perimeter of one of the bats. Leave about an inch wide space unglued. This is where you will tuck the cotton ball filling.
- Now press the two black bat pieces together so they stick well and create the case for your stuffed bat.
- Locate the 1 inch, unglued opening and start stuffing it with cotton balls. Stuff it nice and full.
- Once full, glue the rest of the stuffed bat closed.
- Now your bat needs a face. Cut out two large white circles and two smaller black circles to create the eyes. Cut out two small white triangles for fangs.
- Assemble the face of your black bat softie. A dab of glue is all you need to adhere the eyes and fangs.
Your bat softie is now ready to be enjoyed. Isn’t it so cute?
More Halloween Craft for Kids ideas to try!
Want more Halloween family friendly fun inspiration? Check these ideas out!
- Disney Princess Halloween Costume Ideas
- Book Character Costume Ideas
- Best Pumpkin Carving Tips For An Awesome Halloween
- 15 Family Friendly Halloween Movies
- 10 Fun Halloween Traditions To Start With Your Family