The Ultimate List of Staycation Ideas
If you want a vacation but you have to stay at home, this really is the ultimate list of staycation ideas. You definitely won’t be bored!
If you are stuck at home because of finances or quarantine, or any other reason, that doesn’t mean you can’t have a fun vacation with your family.
Sure you can’t hop on a plane to Disney World, but a staycation can be just as fun! If you are looking for a bunch of great staycation ideas you can do at home or in your local area, I’ve got a perfect list for you!
You can use these to help you plan the perfect staycation or give you some fun ways to spend your days inside. Here is the ultimate list of staycation ideas you can do from home.
1. Stay the night in a local hotel. (for an at-home idea, try turning your home into a five-star hotel)
2. Take an art class. (you can also find some classes online)
3. Go kayaking or canoeing.
4. Have your own film festival at home.
5. Go fishing.
6. Volunteer in your community.
7. Head to the park and go for a walk.
8. See a local performance. (you can find many broadway performances online)
9. Go for a crawl around your city (beer, food, etc.).
10. Have a picnic.
11. Go to the farmer’s market.
12. Have a household cookie swap.
13. Make a craft.
We love these craft ideas (especially for kids):
14. Read a book.
15. Sign up for a new exercise class. (or try one online if you have space)
16. Try a new food recipe.
17. Get your DIY on and refresh a space in your home.
18. Go to a sporting event
19. Go to a water park. (or make your own water park experience at home)
20. Go on a tasting tour in your home. (or create your own tasting at home by ordering A LOT of takeout)
21. Attend a festival or event in your hometown.
22. Go swimming.
23. Visit a local farm and pick fruit or flowers
24. Play a round of mini-golf.
25. Go antiquing.
26. Head to the local pool.
27. Have a barbecue in your backyard.
28. Have a spa day at home.
29. Take a winery tour.
30. Go hiking on a local trail.
31. Go to a play.
32. Pitch a tent in your backyard.
33. Go stargazing.
34. Head to a children’s museum.
35. Go on a scavenger hunt.
Here are some fun ideas for scavenger hunts:
36. Host a cooking night at home.
37. Go out for a nice dinner.
38. Head to a drive-in movie theatre. (or have a movie night at home)
39. Take a walking tour of your city. (or watch a video of a tour)
40. Be a tourist in your own town.
41. Go to the zoo. (or check out one of the live streams)
42. Create your own Olympic games at home.
43. Have a house swap with a friend or neighbor.
44. Visit an aquarium.
45. Try PAINT-BALLING or laser tag.
46. Visit an amusement park.
47. Go park hopping in your town.
48. Head to your local library.
49. Go to a space or science museum.
50. Go bowling.
No matter what the reason for your quarantine situation, hopefully, this list will help inspire you to take a vacation from home that your family will cherish for a lifetime.