10 Ways to Have a Killer Staycation When You Can’t Travel
If you can’t go away for vacation, check out these ways to rock your staycation when you can’t travel!
If you’re on a tight budget or won’t be able to take a vacation this year, you can still have a great time off with a staycation. We’ve all had situations where it’s just not possible to travel. If you have found yourself in this boat, here are ten ways to have a killer staycation when you can’t travel.
1. Eat Out at New Restaurants
Groupon and Living Social will have a ton of great offers for locals and places in your area! Look for some great deals and try a new restaurant near you. If you don’t want to get out of your pajamas you can even order take-out! Throw down a blanket, turn on Pandora, and have a house picnic!
2. Visit Sites You’ve Never Been To
Instead of visiting your usual fun spots, look for places you’ve never been to. This will make it more like a vacation and less like going out to do something fun. Check out a new playground, find a new place to enjoy nature, or try a new recreational activity.
3. Kick Your Feet Up and Relax
Feel free to kick your feet up and relax a little. You don’t have to be doing anything to enjoy some time off. If free time is what you lack, give yourself that time back! And trust me, your kids will appreciate the unstructured time.
4. Go Out for Ice Cream
There is something about going out for dessert that just makes you feel like you’re on vacation! When you can, try and out for dessert, even if it’s just up the road for ice cream.
5. Do Something Touristy
What do people who visit your city do? Pick one of these items from your list and go out and do it! It could be something as small as mini-golf or as big as a guided tour.
6. Stay in a Hotel in Your Own City
If you have room in your budget, stay in a hotel! This is a fun way to get away from home without actually leaving your city! Plus, if you forget something, you could always run home and get it.
7. Don’t Cook If You Don’t Have To
If you don’t have to cook, don’t do it! Instead, enjoy some meals out or even “room” meals so you can relax and enjoy your time off. If you can’t afford to keep eating out, then make freezer meals instead. Another option if eating out isn’t realistic is to have a family cooking night. Everyone picks the menu together and then you cook the entire meal as a family.
8. Prepare for Your Stay Ahead of Time
Make your home into your very own hotel room! Tuck in the sheets and even create a breakfast buffet in the morning! This can be a fun way to feel like you’ve left home even when you’re still there!
9. Clean Your House Before Your Staycation
No one wants to vacation in a dirty house! Clean up your home before your staycation and enjoy vacationing in a lovely clean home.
10. Don’t Overdo It
The last thing you want to do is go overboard on your staycation. Stick to just a few main activities each day, or a single theme. This will keep you from overbooking yourself so you can enjoy your vacation time at home.
You don’t have to leave your home or even your city to have a great vacation! These tips will ensure you have a great vacation, even if you have to stay at home.
Check out these fun resources too!
- Life Unplugged: 100+ Simple Activities That Don’t Require Social Media
- 10 Easy Ways Moms Who ‘Don’t Do Crafts’ Can Get Crafty With Their Kids
- 10 Tips for Fantastic Family Day Trips
- 15 Outrageously Fun Outdoor Games For Kids
- Super Fun Kitchen Science Experiments To Conduct With Your Kids
- Nature Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- 12 Reasons Your Kids Need Playground Play
- 14 Fantastic Equipment Free Outdoor Games Your Kids Will Love
- How to Host an Utterly Adorable Teddy Bear Tea Party
- 50+ Fun Indoor Activities When You Are Stuck At Home