Yarn Wrapped Popsicle Stick Elf Ornament Craft
This yarn wrapped popsicle elf stick ornament craft would be the perfect Christmas crafting activity to do with your kids! A super fun and festive ornament to hang on your tree too!
Santa’s elves have been very busy this year! They have to make all the toys, visit the kids in the month of December– giving reports on who is naughty and nice. They have to help Mrs. Claus make cookies, take care of the reindeer, and ensure the location of the North Pole remains totally secret. Wow… that’s a lot to keep track of!
So, why not honor the elf by making this super cute yarn wrapped popsicle stick elf ornament craft. Kids would really love making this craft. It isn’t super hard and yet it would be a lovely and bright addition to your family Christmas tree! Read on for the full tutorial!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- Craft sticks
- Bright Green Acrylic Paint
- Green String or Yarn
- Craft Glue
- Glitter Foam Sheets in the following colors: red, gold or yellow, and black
- Ribbon or Decorative String
- Hole Punch
How to make the popsicle stick elf ornament:
Line up 4 popsicle sticks and glue them together with craft glue.
Paint the popsicle sticks green and allow the paint to dry completely.
Wrap the popsicle sticks with green string or yarn until no popsicle stick area is showing.
Cut shapes from the glitter foam to create a belt, buckle and suit decoration and then glue in place. First, cut a thick strip from the black glitter paper for the elf belt.
Next, with the yellow or gold glitter paper, cut out the belt buckle.
Finally, take the red glitter paper and measure and cut a jagged collar edge for the elf collar.
Use a hole punch to create buttons for the elf suit and then glue in place.
Loop a ribbon or decorative string and glue onto the back of the ornament.
Isn’t this totally cute?
Do You Love This Popsicle stick elf ornament craft? Check Out These Christmas Craft Ideas Your Kids Will Love Too!
- Beaded Wreath Ornament Craft
- Beaded Candy Cane Ornament Craft
- Glittered Lightbulb Ornament
- Edible Gingerbread Slime
- Gingerbread Playdough
- Santa Belly Slime
- Dollar Store Santa Dinosaur Craft
- Christmas Charm Bracelet Craft
- Jingle Bell Bracelet Craft
- Christmas Tree Cone Ornament Craft
- Paper Cone Christmas Tree Christmas Craft
- Snowman Charm Bracelet Craft
- Peppermint Charm Bracelet Craft
- Photo Snow Globe Craft
- Super Spacey Galaxy Ornament
- Salt Dough Christmas Tree Ornament
- Snowman Terra Cotta Pot Ornament
- Handprint Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Clear Painted Unicorn Ornament Craft
- Easy Cinnamon Ornaments to make with your kids
- Clear Filled Santa Belly Ornament Craft
- Sleeping Beauty Christmas Ornament
- Sorcerer Mickey Christmas Ornament
- Easy Mason Jar Lid Snowman Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Santa Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Grinch Ornament Craft
- Christmas Craft Stick Ornaments
- Clear Filled Snowman Ornament Craft