The Best 100 Things To Do In Maryland With Kids
Want to have a great time with your kids? These are the best 100 Things to do in Maryland with Kids! Check out the FREE Printable Bucket List too (with 200 things to do!)
Maryland is a fantastic state with so much to offer families. Our family has truly enjoyed exploring Maryland and after over 5 years of challenging ourselves to see and do as much as we can, we have still only barely scratched the.
But out of everything we have seen and done, I wanted to share our top 100 things to do in Maryland. This list is the best of the best. The most iconic places and the best ‘can’t miss’ experiences to add to your Maryland bucket list.
I am keeping this list pretty streamlined… not a lot of explanation. But I will link to other resources with more in-depth reviews. Also, this list isn’t in rank order because that would just be too hard. How can you even compare, right?
AND– (happy dance)– I created a Maryland With Kids Bucket List Printable with 200 bucket list items! To see the entire list just fill out the information here:
Here is the Best of Maryland Bucket List!
1. Climb up the SkyClimber and then slide down 4 stories at Port Discovery Children’s Museum.
2. Dig up dinosaur fossils at the Maryland Science Center.
3. Feed the giraffes at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore.
4. Descend into the bowels of Shark Alley at the National Aquarium.
5. Run around the rainbow track at the Wizard of Oz Playground at Watkins Regional Park.
6. Slide down the massive slides at the Wheaton Regional Park Adventure Playground.
7. Play hide and go seek at the Angel Park Playground. (these are the best playgrounds in Maryland!)
8. Get lost in the massive Annie’s Playground.
9. Ride the zipline at the Westminster City Park Playground.
10. Check off all 25 Prince George’s County Imagination Playgrounds.
11. Ride the Walkersville Southern Santa Train.
12. Ride bikes on the C&O Canal Trail.
13. Scurry up the boulders at the Billy Goat Trail and see the Maryland side of Great Falls.
14. Go kayaking among the sunken shipwrecks at Mallows Bay.
15. Go shark teeth hunting at either Calvert Cliffs State Park or Flag Ponds Nature Park.
16. Get dressed up and play among the play houses at the Annmarie Sculpture Garden Fairy Lolly.
17. Make mudpies in the Irvine Nature Center mud kitchen. (these are our favorite nature centers in Maryland!)
18. Get creative at Artsy Partsy’s Family Paint Night! (check out these Drop-In Art activities!)
19. Spend an evening on the Ocean City Boardwalk— Thrashers Fries, Trimpers Rides, and Marty’s Playland arcade!
20. Build a huge sand castle and go body surfing at the Ocean City beach (and watch for dolphins!).
21. Enjoy the bayside sunset at one of the many super kid-friendly Ocean City restaurants with playgrounds.
22. Track the wild ponies at Assateague Seashore.
23. Go swimming at Greenbrier State Park sandy beach.
24. Splash at the South Germantown Regional Park Splash park.
25. Hike to Cunningham Falls at Cunningham Falls State Park. (check out these great hiking trails for young kids!)
26. See fall foliage aboard the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad.
27. Dance with Yogi Bear at Jellystone Park.
28. Take in the amazing azalea bushes at the Ladew Topiary Garden (May is the best).
29. Go to a fantastic play for kids at the Adventure Theatre MTC at Glen Echo Park.
30. Feed the Zebra and Bison at the Catoctin Wildlife Preserve.
31. Play pretend with your preschooler at Storyville.
32. Get your photo taken at Enchanted Forest and then feed the goats at Clark’s Elioak Farm.
33. See an outdoor family friendly concert at the Chrysalis.
34. Get tickets to see The Columbia Orchestra perform Peter and the Wolf.
35. Have a picnic among the tulips at Sherwood Gardens.
36. Visit the Butterfly House at Brookside Gardens.
37. Have lunch and play some board games at Board&Brew.
38. Check off all 9 stops on the Maryland Ice Cream Trail.
39. Have a crab feast and then play video games at Crabtowne USA.
40. Sign up for one of the many kid’s activities (paint night, cookie making, bingo) and have a slice at Peace A Pizza.
41. Pick Sunflowers at the Sunflower Garden (great photo ops!) Check out the best sunflower fields in Maryland!
42. Make the iconic trek to either the Clear Meadows Farm or McKee-Beshers Sunflower fields.
43. Get lost in the Goldpetal Farms sunflower mazes.
44. Go swimming at the southernmost point of Maryland– Point Lookout— and visit the lighthouse. (Check out these Chesapeake Beaches!)
45. See the otters swim and visit the lighthouse at the Calvert Marine Museum.
46. Indulge in dinner and a show at Toby’s Dinner Theatre.
47. Walk across the swinging bridge and hike to Cascade Falls at Patapsco Valley State Park.
48. Visit the Discovery Room at Robinson Nature Center.
49. Pick strawberries at Shlagel Farms and get a strawberry milkshake. (best places to pick strawberries in Maryland)
50. Pick apples at Baugher’s Orchard and don’t forget the cider donuts and cider slushies. (Check out the best places to pick apples in Maryland!)
51. Go berry picking at Larriland Farms.
52. Attend a Summer Harvest Party at Milburn Orchards.
53. Check out the art cars at Artscape.
54. Give your kid a hive hairdo during Honfest.
55. Go pumpkin picking at Butlers Orchard… and don’t forget the caramel apples!
56. Pet the baby bunnies and chicks at Green Meadows Petting Farm.
57. Ride the coaster and play virtual gaming at Adventure Park USA.
58. Try out the slides and corn crib at Gaver Farm.
59. Walk around Centennial Lake and play on their massive playground.
60. Watch the pig races and get lost in a corn maze at Summers Farm.
61. Check out one of a number of tire playgrounds (Patapsco Valley, Tuckahoe, Calvert Cliffs State Parks). (here is the best playgrounds in Maryland Part 2)
62. Visit Swallow Falls State Park and see Muddy Creek Falls.
63. Ride the mountain coaster at Wisp Resort.
64. Run the bases at an Orioles Game or a minor league game too!
65. Let your kids press the Fart Button on the Flatulence Post at the American Visionary Art Museum (yes, it’s a real thing).
66. Visit ICE! and Christmas on the Potomac at the Gaylord National.
67. Ride the Capital Wheel at the National Harbor.
68. See the Christmas lights at the Miracle on 34th Street. (these are the best Christmas lights in Maryland!)
69. Let your kids join in the Christmas parade at Christmas in St. Michaels. (Check out this ultimate guide to FREE Christmas events in Maryland)
70. Cheer on your favorite knight at Medieval Times.
71. Pretend to be a pirate at Chesapeake Pirates.
72. Go back in time and eat a giant turkey leg at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.
73. Spend the day splashing away at either Splash Mountain or Hurricane Harbor.
74. Reach out and shake Harriet Tubman’s outstretched hand at the Harriet Tubman Museum. (check out these Black Owned Kid Friendly businesses in Maryland!)
75. Play I-Spy while you wait for your food at the Papermoon Diner.
76. Build a driftwood castle at Brownies Beach.
77. Marvel at the amazing marshmallow sculptures at the Carroll County Arts Council PEEPShow. (Check out these awesome food festivals in Maryland!)
78. Go camping at Rocky Gap State Park.
79. Try to get a hole in one at Monster Mini-Golf.
80. Ride the miniature train at Cabin John Regional Park.
81. Set your chairs up and cheer loud at the Catonsville 4th of July parade. (Here are the best places to see fireworks in Maryland!)
82. Pull up and enjoy a triple feature at Bengies Drive-In.
83. Spend the day at one of the amazing county fairs.
84. Float in the Chesapeake Bay at Sandy Point State Park.
85. Go leaf peeping during the Autumn Glory Festival. (Check out the best places to see fall foliage in maryland!)
86. Check out the Working Shipyard at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.
87. Get lost in play at the Be With Me Playseum.
88. Slide down the massive indoor slides at Hyper Kidz.
89. Try an aerial adventure at Terrapin Adventures, Adventure Park at Sandy Spring, or TreeTrekkers.
90. Hop in and out of the historic train cars at the B&O Railroad Museum.
91. Scale Mt. Rushmore at ClimbZone. (Check out these indoor play places in Maryland!)
93. Climb up the massive indoor boulders at Badlands Nature Playspace.
94. Check out the view from Rocks State Park King and Queen Seat.
95. See a historic re-enactment at Ft. McHenry.
96. Pay respects to fallen soldiers at the Antietam National Battlefield Memorial Illumination.
97. See the planes land from BWI Airport at the Thomas-Dixon playground.