Every year, Butler’s Orchard in Germantown, MD hosts an incredible Pumpkin Festival that has tons of fun activities for families with kids of all ages.
Oh my goodness, isn’t autumn amazing?! Apple cider, a crisp, cool bite to the air, the changing color of leaves. I loved this season so much before I became a Mom. However, I had no idea how much better it could get when adding sweet little kids to the mix.
Fall festivals are so much fun! The Baltimore-DC Area has numerous festivals to choose from that are great fun for children of all ages (and their parents too!). One of the best fall festivals is the Pumpkin Festival at Butler’s Orchard in Germantown, MD.
Butler’s Orchard really goes the extra mile to ensure families with kids of all ages have a fantastic time.
Butler’s Orchard Pumpkin Festival is one of the best fall festivals in Maryland!
1. The Hay Barn
Butler’s Orchard doesn’t have a jumping pillow, but the hay barn is really just so much fun! The entire barn is one big hay fest. Kids can climb up onto the hay bales and jump into the soft hay below. Plus, your kids will love getting ‘buried’ in hay.
2. Ginormous Slides
These slides are no joke, but they are also great for kids of all ages. There are various levels of slides, but honestly, even the fastest slides are fun for little kids.
3. The Corn Crib
This corn crib is more for younger kids but young kids will love playing in the corn, filling and dumping trucks, etc.. just as long as they don’t stick the corn up their nose!
4. Pedal Tractors
Butler’s Orchard has pedal tractors, tractors to climb on, a bouncy house most weekends, and even rubber ducky races.
5. Tons of Play Structures/Playgrounds
There are really so many wooden playground structures that your kids will love crawling all over. There is a pirate ship, Noah’s Ark, a train, and a few play houses.
6. Even More Awesome Photo Ops
This is one of my favorite things about Butler’s Orchard. Butler’s goes the extra mile to decorate all the pumpkins…. including appearances from Peanuts and the gang, the Flintstones, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs!
7. Pumpkin Picking
The pumpkin patch at Butler’s Orchard is one of the more authentic one. Your kids will have so much fun climbing onto the tractor pulled hayride on your way out to the pumpkin patches. You can pick as many pumpkins as you want and you pay for them by weight.
8. Ride in Cinderella’s Pumpkin
This adorable ride is for kids only and if you have a little prince or princess, they will positively go crazy for the chance to be whisked away to the ball just like Cinderella!
9. Caramel Apples and Cider Donuts.. you have to try the caramel apples!
This is the best! The caramel apples at Butler’s Orchard are so incredibly yummy it is worth a trip to the Pumpkin Festival just to indulge once a year. The cider donuts are also totally amazing. Definitely be sure to bring cash for these treats!
Other fun festival attractions include a corn maze, small petting farm, pony rides and face painting (for an extra charge), crafts, and the pumpkin cannon, which is a blast (no pun intended) to watch.
Know Before You Go
- Festival food includes pit beef, pit turkey, pulled pork bbq, caramel apples, and kettle corn. When you are done having fun with the Pumpkin Festival, make sure you stop at the farm store to pick up some fresh apple cider and cider doughnuts (yum, yum, yum!).
- The Festival runs from 10am-5pm weekends from 30 September through 29 October, plus Columbus Day.
- Admission is $12/person age 2 and older.
- There are port-a-potties at the entrance but no other restroom facilities.
- Butler’s Orchard is located at: 22222 Davis Mill Road, Germantown, MD 20876. Click here for the Google Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/wQd8XXh6ftG2
Want more Fall Fun ideas? Click on the photo below!