The Sweetest Strawberry Picking In Maryland (updated for 2022)
Welcome the start of summer by visiting a pick your own farm. These are the best places to go strawberry picking in Maryland!
Picking strawberries is one of the best things to do with kids in late spring and early summer. After a long winter, there is nothing better than getting out on a farm and picking red, juicy, sweet strawberries right off the plant.
Your kids won’t be able to resist the urge to bite into a strawberry and they will remember the strawberry juice dripping down their chins as a cherished memory from childhood.
And then there is everything you can make with strawberries– strawberry ice cream, strawberry shortcake, nutella and strawberry crepes. Really… is there anything you can’t make more delicious with some fresh strawberries?
If you want to pick some strawberries with your kids in Maryland, these are the absolute best places you can go strawberry picking in Maryland!
1. Larriland Farms (Howard County)
This farm in Howard County is one of our favorite places in Maryland. They offer pick your own for so many fruits and vegetables. But our favorite thing to pick at Larriland Farms are their strawberries.
Here are the details:
- Daily updates here: http://www.pickyourown.com/todays-harvest/
- Read my review of the farm here
- Stop by the Red Barn Farm Market for delicious treats, to go potty, and to let your kids feed the farm animals out back!
- Accepts cash and credit card.
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/UZFLJeHPjvN2
2. Butler’s Orchard (Montgomery County)
Most people know Butler’s Orchard because of their big annual events like the Pumpkin Festival or Bunnyland. But Butler’s Orchard offers pick your own fruits, veggies, and flowers throughout the harvest season. Here are more details about strawberry picking!
- Daily updates here: http://www.butlersorchard.com/pick-your-own/crop-calendar/ or call 301-428-0444
- At Butler’s Orchard you purchase a day pass or family pass that includes a ride out to the picking fields and access to the giant slides, farm animals, and nature trails.
- Stop by their Bakery for fresh baked pies and breads (and cider apple donuts in the Fall!)
- Accepts cash and credit card.
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/apynu8EWpgw
3. Baugher’s Orchard And Farm (Carroll County)
Baugher’s is famous for their fruit fields, orchards, and pumpkin patches. It’s also famous for its pies and other sweet treats! Just look for the big apple head man sign and you can spend a lovely day picking strawberries!
- Daily updates here: http://baughers.com/baughers_pick_your_own.php or call 410-857-0111
- You pay a minimal fee to ride out to the picking fields. Afterwards, let your kids play on the great playgrounds (there are two of them) and visit the petting farm! Also, there is a market with delicious pre-picked fruits and veggies plus amazingly delicious baked goods. There is also a snack bar open seasonally and a restaurant just down the road.
- Accepts cash and credit card.
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/dkVAJZE98r72
4. Gorman Farms (Howard County)
Gorman Farms is a family farm works hard to provide local grown and sustainable produce to local residents. They also offer excellent strawberry picking!
Gorman Farms is back in business for strawberry picking in 2022!
- Pick Your Own strawberries in late May and early June each year.
- Gorman Farms is primarily a CSA farm in Howard County. But their strawberry fields are in a different location for 2022! Check the Google Map link below!
- Here is the link for the Strawberry Fest: https://gormanfarmscsa.com/farm/strawberry-fest/
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/KnZC6QT83Pw
5. Weber’s Peachberry Farm/Cider Mill Farm (Baltimore County)
- Pick Your Own crops include: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, and apples.
- Peachberry Farm is separate from Cider Mill Farm (which hosts a lovely fall festival starting in September) but they are owned by the same family.
- Once you pick your fruit, stop by their bakery for delicious pies and baked goods, ice cream, and homemade fudge. Oh wow… my mouth is watering.
- Prices are posted at the field, containers are provided, and port-a-potties are located at the picking fields.
- Here is a link to Peachberry Farm: http://www.weberscidermillfarm.com/webers-farm-peachberry-orchard.php
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/57SdHjou8MN26. Shaw Orchards (Harford County– Very Close To PA Border)
6. Shaw Orchards (Baltimore County)
- Pick Your Own crops include: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Cherries, Peaches, and Apples.
- Here is the Shaw Orchards website: http://www.shaworchards.com/inseason.php
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/7DVVJ5JckBt
More Strawberry Picking in Maryland places!
7. Homestead Farms (Montgomery County)
- Pick Your Own crops include: strawberries, tart cherries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, and apples.
- Homestead Farms also has a pick your own flower patch!
- Don’t forget to stop and feed the goats and see the alpacas and chickens.
- There are hay bales kids can climb on too.
- Port-A-Potties are available on site.
- Homestead Farms accepts cash and credit.
- Here is the link to Homestead Farms website: http://www.homestead-farm.net/HarvestSch.html
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/JvcbrvG7CpM2
8. Shlagel Farms (Charles County)
Shlagel Farms is totally worth the drive from Central Maryland or DC. And if you live in Southern Maryland you are totally set. Shlagel Farms offers all kinds of pick your own and CSA produce. Their motto is ‘The best berries are the berries you pick yourself.’ I couldn’t agree more.
The picking fields are super easy to get to and afterwards, make sure you indulge in some strawberry shortcakes and strawberry smoothies. Oh my goodness, they are both so delicious!
- Port A Potties are available on site.
- There is also a nice playground for kids (not open in 2021 due to health concerns)
- Don’t forget to take pictures in front of the giant Strawberry!
- For the most recent updates, check out the Shlagel Farms Facebook page!
- Google Map directions here: https://g.page/Shlagelfarms?share
9. Emily’s Produce (Dorchester County)
Emily’s Produce is an Eastern Shore staple for pick your own goodness. If you go, make sure you stop in and get a scoop of Scottish Highland Creamery ice cream!
- For 2021, No Advance Reservations Required, 5 Acres to Social Distance
- Patch Open Daily 9 am to 4 pm – Weather Dependent
- Emily’s Produce also offers grass fed beef.
- Come hungry for lunch too! Emily’s Kitchen serves delicious farm to table lunch specials on the weekends.
- For more information click here: https://www.emilysproduce.com/
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/gnoyDHha12qDHRuE8
10. Southern Berry Comfort Farm (St. Mary’s County)
You can’t beat the view from this St. Mary’s berry farm!. It’s literally right next to the water! Note: berries here ripen earlier than the rest of Maryland. It makes sense since they are further south. But for planning purposes, these berries will be ready to pick in mid to late April and early May, as opposed to later in May.
- In addition to berries, you can shop their store for jarred goods.
- Fields open up typically at 10am when they are open.
- Follow Southern Berry Comfort Farm on Facebookfor the latest updates.
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/wwJT4jRz6yrT2Mvy5
11. Lockbriar Farm (Kent County)
This fantastic farm in Chestertown, MD offers flowers, ice cream, a farmer’s market and pick your own from early spring until late fall!
- bring your own picking containers or purchase containers for a small price at the farms
- Don’t miss Lockbriar’s Ice Cream Barn where Lockbriar’s daughter creates the best flavors using ingredients from the farm! Delicious!
- Lockbriar’s also offers flower picking.. including sunflowers! Awesome!
- For more information on what Lockbriar offers, visit their website.
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/g3QXuQy99f2tN6rF8
12. Family Affair Farm (Talbot County)
This lovely farm in Easton, MD has super sweet and ripe strawberries in late April to mid-May. They also have blackberry and blueberry picking, as well as pumpkin patches and more family fun in the fall.
- For 2021, pick your own strawberries is only offered via a reservation system. Click here for more details.
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/7HeK1PX4kXwsmM6PA
13. Godfrey’s Farm (Queen Anne’s County)
Godfrey’s Farm in Sudlersville, MD (very close to Delaware on the Eastern Shore) offers pick your own for strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and peaches. They also offer flower picking in the summer (including sunflowers!).
For 2021, Godfrey’s Farm is managing berry picking via a pre-pay reservation system. Here is the link for reservations.
- Don’t forget to add a trip to their farm market and indulge in a fresh fruit slushie or hand-dipped ice cream cone!
- Godfrey’s also sells fresh baked pies and other sweet treats in their on-site bakery.
- For more information about Godrey’s Farm click here.
- Google Map directions here: https://goo.gl/maps/87sZoCQKNdrG3scS8
14. Swann Farms (Calvert County)
Swann Farms in Owings, MD offers both strawberry pop-up shops and pick your own strawberries starting in mid-May.
- For the latest information on when the strawberry fields will be open for pick your own, check out Swann Farms’ Facebook page.
- Google Map directions here: https://g.page/SwannFarms?share
Here are more ideas for Fun Things to do with kids in Maryland
- Best Pick Your Own Farms in Central Maryland
- Maryland Hikes for young kids
- Best Sunflower Fields in Maryland
- Nature Centers for Kids in Maryland
- Maryland’s Ice Cream Trail- everything you need to know!
- The Best Chesapeake Beaches to visit with kids
- Apple picking orchards in Maryland