Pumpkin Salt Painting Craft for Kids (with FREE Printable!)
This super fun pumpkin salt painting craft for kids is perfect for a fall afternoon. It comes with FREE printable pumpkin pages too!
Nothing says fall better than pumpkins. We love pumpkin picking, carving pumpking, pumpkin chuckin, and going to a pumpkin patch festival. So, naturally we all love creating a fun pumpkin craft for kids. Over the years we have made so many kinds of pumpkin crafts and this year we tried a series of salt painting crafts for fall.. including this adorable pumpkin craft!
Check out the tutorial below and download your FREE template to get started!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- Watercolor paint palette
- White glue
- Simple coloring page printed on white thick cardstock (recommended)
How to make the pumpkin salt painting craft for kids
- Trace around the image on the coloring page with glue. Try to be steady with your hand and remember, with glue.. less is more.
- Sprinkle glue with salt as you would with glitter. Tape the paper to settle the salt into any grooves. Gently lift the paper and shake to remove the excess salt. Make sure the glue is fully covered with salt.
- Dip your paintbrush in water and blend with watercolor to soften. Saturate the paintbrush with watercolor. Then, gently touch the paintbrush to the salt. The color will spread. Be sure to go slow and steady because a little watercolor paint will definitely go a long way. If you use too much paint, it will pool and seep into the cardstock.
- Allow the picture to dry completely before displaying or gifting.
Isn’t this an adorbable pumpkin?
Check Out These Ideas For More Ideas To Enjoy Fall!
- Enjoy the fall season with your family
- Black Glue Pumpkin Craft For Kids
- Fall family fun bucket list!
- DIY Apple Scented Slime
- Play this game of Autumn Charades!
- Make Pumpkin Spice Slime!
- Fall Leaf Play Dough Activity for Kids
- Black Glue Fall Tree Craft For Kids
- Nature Crafts For Fall Your Kids Will Love
- Marble Leaf Painting For Kids
- Fall Tree Cork Painting Craft for Kids
- Marbled Paper Fall Leaf Craft for Kids
- Fall Color Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Best Pumpkin Carving Tips For An Awesome Halloween
- 15 Family Friendly Halloween Movies
- 10 Fun Halloween Traditions To Start With Your Family
- Dollar Store Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin Paper Bag Craft for Kids
- Apple Paper Bag Craft for Kids
- Melted Beads Fall Leaf Suncatchers