DIY Apple Scented Slime
Celebrate Fall Weather with apple everything, including this amazing DIY Apple Scented Slime!
I love, absolutely love the smell of apples in the fall! Apple picking, apple cider donuts, and apple cider slushies are pretty much perfection. This DIY Apple Scented Slime is an amazingly fun addition to our apple-themed fall fun. Whip up a batch of this fall-themed slime and both you and your kids will want to sniff it as much as you play with it!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What You Will Need
- 1 (6 ounce) bottles Elmer’s Glue
- About ½ cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon contact lens solution (containing boric acid), for each batch
- 1 teaspoon apple scent
- Red food coloring
How to make the apple scented slime
1. Empty the glue into a large bowl.
2. Fill the empty glue bottle about ⅓ full with warm water (about ¼ cup) and seal with the lid. Shake well to combine the remaining glue with the water. Pour into bowl with glue and stir to combine.
3. Add the baking soda to the glue and stir to mix thoroughly.
4. If you are adding additional glitter, food coloring, scents, or confetti, stir into the glue mixture before adding the contact lens solution.
5. Add contact lens solution to the glue mixture and stir well. (Note: regular glue will require less contact lens solution than glitter glue. Add the contact lens solution slowly, mixing between additions, and add only enough to bring the glue together into a soft ball.)
6. Remove the slime from the bowl. The slime will be sticky. Begin to play with the slime, stretching or kneading it as you would bread dough, to bring the slime together. The slime is ready when it is no longer sticky.
7. Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not in use.
Check Out These Ideas For More Ideas To Enjoy Fall!
- Enjoy the fall season with your family
- Fall family fun bucket list!
- Play this game of Autumn Charades!
- Fall Leaf Play Dough Activity for Kids
- Nature Crafts For Fall Your Kids Will Love
- Fall Tree Cork Painting Craft for Kids
- Marbled Paper Fall Leaf Craft for Kids
- Fall Color Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Best Pumpkin Carving Tips For An Awesome Halloween
- 15 Family Friendly Halloween Movies
- 10 Fun Halloween Traditions To Start With Your Family
- Dollar Store Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin Paper Bag Craft for Kids
- Apple Paper Bag Craft for Kids