Fall Leaf Salt Painting Craft for Kids (with FREE Printable!)
This Fall Leaf Salt Painting Craft is perfect to do with your kids this fall. Such a gorgeous craft idea that is easy to do and so much fun!
Fall leaves are really so beautiful. Every fall we love going for fall foliage hikes or drives to see which trees are popping with the brightest and deepest reds, oranges, and yellows. One way to bring that fall magic home with you is to do fall-themed crafts with your kids.
I love this Fall Leaf Salt Painting Craft for Kids so much. It’s really quite easy to do with kids and your kids will think it’s super fun. Great options for getting creative but not overwhelming at all! (another great fall leaf craft is this Marble Leaf Painting Craft)
Check out the full tutorial below and download your FREE leaf printable too!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What is Salt Painting?
I know you’re curious to understand what salt painting is and I can’t wait to tell you! Salt painting is when you have raised art. When you paint with watercolor, it’s flat. When you do salt painting, it’s raised, so you can make all kinds of fun art. Your kids will have a ton of fun laying down the glue design, adding the salt, and then adding the watercolors.
What you will need:
- Watercolor paint palette
- White glue
- Simple coloring page printed on white thick cardstock (recommended)
How to make the Fall Tree salt painting craft for kids
- Trace around the image on the coloring page with glue. Try to be steady with your hand and remember, with glue.. less is more.
Don’t worry about tracing every single line with glue. That would get messy in a hurry. But definitely trace the outline of the leaves and some of the larger lines.
- Sprinkle glue with salt as you would with glitter. Tape the paper to settle the salt into any grooves. Gently lift the paper and shake to remove the excess salt. Make sure the glue is fully covered with salt.
- Dip your paintbrush in water and blend with watercolor to soften. Saturate the paintbrush with watercolor.
Then, gently touch the paintbrush to the salt. The color will spread. Be sure to go slow and steady because a little watercolor paint will definitely go a long way. If you use too much paint, it will pool and seep into the cardstock.
Check out how pretty this is!
- Let your painting dry completely before displaying or giving as a gift.
Check Out These Ideas For More Ideas To Enjoy Fall!
- Enjoy the fall season with your family
- Black Glue Pumpkin Craft For Kids
- Fall family fun bucket list!
- DIY Apple Scented Slime
- Play this game of Autumn Charades!
- Make Pumpkin Spice Slime!
- Fall Leaf Play Dough Activity for Kids
- Black Glue Fall Tree Craft For Kids
- Nature Crafts For Fall Your Kids Will Love
- Marble Leaf Painting For Kids
- Fall Tree Cork Painting Craft for Kids
- Marbled Paper Fall Leaf Craft for Kids
- Fall Color Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Best Pumpkin Carving Tips For An Awesome Halloween
- 15 Family Friendly Halloween Movies
- 10 Fun Halloween Traditions To Start With Your Family
- Dollar Store Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin Paper Bag Craft for Kids
- Apple Paper Bag Craft for Kids
- Melted Beads Fall Leaf Suncatchers