Tin Can Halloween Lanterns Craft For Kids
If you are looking for a fun Halloween craft to do with your kids, check out these adorable tin can Halloween Lanterns. Your kids will love this craft!
There is so much to love about celebrating Halloween with kids. Trick-or-Treating for sure. But also spooky snacks, costume parties, and fun Halloween crafts are definitely a must-do in our house.
Start early and make these adorable (and not too spooky) tin can Halloween lanterns craft with your kids this year! You can use recycled aluminum cans from a recent dinner (see.. don’t throw them out! Use them for your craft stash!). Add some bright orange paint and draw on spooky lantern faces.. and voila!, you have a fun Halloween craft you can decorate your house with?
Oh, and fun? Yeah.. anything that involves paint is fun for your kids. This easy craft isn’t terribly complicated so even young kids could do it… just don’t forget to put a smock on them!
Keep reading for the full craft tutorial! (oh, and don’t forget to check out all the fun Halloween-themed printable games and activities!)
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- Empty aluminum cans (washed and cleaned out)
- Orange craft paint- Acrylic paint will work the best (this is a good brand that isn’t too watered down)
- Paint brush
- Paper plate
- Black paint marker
- Fake grass
- Wooden stems
How to Make the Tin Can Halloween Lanterns:
1. Paint 2-3 coats of orange paint on the pumpkins, allowing the paint to dry in between sessions.
Note: For this project, it took about 3 coats of paint to fully cover the cans. You do not need to worry about painting the inside of the cans unless desired.
Now you have the pumpkins. Let’s make them into Jack-O-Lanterns!
2. Using the paint marker, draw a face on each can. Get creative with your ideas. Play with the eyes, nose, and mouth. The Tin Can Pumpkin can have teeth, a crooked nose, triangle or circle eyes, and much much more! You can also Google face ideas if you need inspiration.
3. Allow the cans to dry completely.
4. Place the fake grass inside the can, add the stem, and display this holiday season! You could even paint the stem green if you wanted to get fancy (if you choose to do this use green acrylic paint too).
Isn’t this tin can halloween lantern craft so cute?!
Check Out The Rest Of These Fun Halloween Ideas!
- Disney Princess Costume Ideas
- Super Spooky DIY Halloween Trick-or-Treat Buckets
- Creepy Eyeball Slime
- Black Cat Cup Craft For Kids
- Paper Plate Black Cat Craft
- Oozy Vampire Slime
- Spooky Science Experiments Your Kids Will Love
- Halloween Snacks That are Super Spooky!
- Fun Halloween Party Games For Kids
- 20 Reasons to Skip Trick or Treating
- No Carve Pumpkin Ideas That are Really Cute!
- Book Character Costume Ideas
- Fun Halloween Traditions To Start With Your Family
- Fantastically Spooky Family Friendly Halloween Movies
- Disney Costumes That Aren’t Princesses