Black Cat Pom Pom Paper Plate Craft For Kids
Meow! This black cat pom pom paper plate craft for kids is a great addition to your Halloween with kids fun! Such a cute and fun cat craft to do this season!
You know what they say about black cats crossing your path, don’t you? Well, don’t believe that superstition.. at least not with this cute black cat! We had a blast putting together this black cat pom pom paper plate craft for kids. My daughter loves that it is soft and cute.. with an emphasis on soft.
I love that we got to have a lovely crafternoon. Win-win!
This black cat craft is pretty simple but it does have more than a couple of steps. Older elementary kids could probably make this craft on their own. Preschool and younger kids will need your help, especially with the ears, tail, and whiskers.
But wow.. such a fun craft idea for Halloween.. and not scary at all! Read on for the complete tutorial.
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- 7 inch paper plate (dessert size)
- Black pom pom balls (1 inch size)
- 2 wiggly eyes
- 2 black chenille stems
- Red cardstock
- Pink cardstock
- Black foam sheet
- Quick dry tacky glue, glue dots, or school glue
How to make the Black Cat Pom Pom Paper Plate Craft:
1. Glue the pom poms to the paper plate. You can use the quick dry tacky glue, but using glue dots is a really ingenious way to stick them on. Just stick the pom pom onto a glue dot, remove the glue dot from the strip, and stick it on the plate. No mess!
2. Cut a black chenille stem into thirds. Twist the three pieces together in the middle and fan the stems out like cat whiskers. Glue the twisted spot into place in the middle of the paper plate, on top of the pom poms. Do this two times, one for each set of whiskers.
You can use the same glue dot method for the whiskers too!
3. Over the gap between the two sets of whiskers, glue two pom poms for the cat’s snout.
4. Under the snout, place a piece of red cardstock to be the tongue. Glue into place.
5. Glue the wiggly eyes over each side of the snout.
6. With the remaining black chenille stem, create a twisting tail.
Glue into place on the back of the paper plate so the tail wraps around the side.
7. To create the ears, cut two triangles from the black foam. Cut two smaller triangles from the pink cardstock.
Attach the pink triangles to the black triangles.
Glue the black triangles to the top edge of the paper plate where the ears would be positioned.
Isn’t this black cat so super adorable? I love it!
Click the photo to grab these cute halloween printables!
Do You Like This Ghost Craft? Check Out More Halloween Craft For Kids Ideas To Try!
- Dollar Store Pumpkin Craft
- Spooky Ghost Cup Craft
- Haunted Window Ghost Popsicle Stick Craft for Kids
- Vampire Blood Slime
- Eyeball Slime– super oozy!
- Mickey and Minnie No Carve Pumpkin Idea!
- Haunted House Oil Pastel Craft for Kids– Purple Version
- Haunted House Oil Pastel Craft for Kids– Orange Version
- Oil Pastel Bat Craft
- Jack-O-Lantern Craft for Kids
- Witch’s Boots Coloring Pages
- Halloween Toilet Paper Roll Crafts For Kids
- Dollar Store Googly Eye No Carve Pumpkin Craft for Kids
- No Sew Bat Craft for Kids
- No Sew Ghost Craft for Kids
- Pumpkins on a Fence
- Spooky Spider Paper Plate Craft
- Bat Crafts for Kids!