Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
How would you like a super cute and fun star wand to wave around at the 4th of July festivities this weekend? Check out this fun sparkly glitter star wand crafts for kids. Sweet Pea and I had a great time making them and I know she will have a blast waving them at the Independence Parade!
Sparkly Glitter Star Wand Crafts for Kids
Materials Needed (to make three wands):
Affiliate links included for your convenience
- Three pieces of white cardstock
- Large star cookie cutter (or stencil, which would work fine)
- Red, White, and Blue glitter
- Craft glue and foam brush
- Shallow cardboard box (like the kind used for soda at Costco)
- Three dowel rod sticks
- Red and Blue tempura paint
- Festive patriotic ribbon
How to Make the Star Wands: Part One
- Trace two star shapes per each sheet of white cardstock. Turn the cardstock over.
- On the side of the cardstock that doesn’t have the star shape traced, ‘paint’ a thin layer of craft glue so that the footprint of the star is covered with glue.
- In order to contain the glitter mess, put the sheets of glued paper in the shallow cardboard box.
- Let you kid have fun sprinkling or pouring the blue, red, and white glitter.
- Once the page is full of glitter, lift and tap the paper gently inside the box in order for the excess glitter to come off the page.
- For variety, you might want to guide your kid to have stars with a good color mix with stars that are mostly one color.
- Let the glittered paper dry completely.
- While the glitter paper is drying, paint the thin dowel rod sticks either red or blue. For effect, we dabbed blue spots on the red painted stick and red spots on the blue painted stick. Let the sticks dry.
How to Make the Star Wands: Part Two
- Once the glitter paper and sticks are dry, apply craft glue to the back edges of one of the stars, as well as a line up the middle of the star.
- Place the wood stick on the glue in the middle of the star. Then take a second star, line up the edges with the first star, press together, and let the glue dry.
- Repeat with the remaining two sets of stars.
- Cut ribbon. Wrap it around the stick and tie a loose knot. Move the ribbon up the stick until it is just below the base of the star. Tighten the knot and then double knot the ribbon. For our star wands, I used a thin, glitter-rimmed ribbon that had red, white, and blue colors on the same spool. It was easy to make a super cute tassel with the ribbon!
Enjoy your Sparkly Glitter Star Wand Crafts for Kids!
I hope you like this craft as much as we did. See you at the parade!
Thanks for reading,