Pop Rocks Firecracker Rice Krispie Treats
These Firecracker Rice Krispie Treats deliver an extra kick with Pop Rocks sprinkled on top. They will sure to be a hit with your kids at the summer barbecue!
Nothing says summer fun like a summer barbecue. Whether it’s Memorial Day, the 4th of July, or any other summer fun occasion, these Firecracker Rice Krispie Treats are sure to be a hit with kids!
Sure, you have the snap, crackle, and pop of the Rice Krispies. But these fun, kid friendly, treats bring it to the next level! Pop Rocks sprinkled on top will literally make your kids’ mouths explode (not in an unsafe way though).
Even though these treats sound complicated they really are so easy to make and your kids would even love to help make them with you!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
Makes 12 squares
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 10 ounce package of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 cup white melting chocolate
- 1 package each Red Pop Rocks and Blue Pop Rocks candies
- 4th of July Sprinkles
How to make the Firecracker Rice Krispie Treats
- In a large pan, melt the butter over low heat.
2. Add the marshmallows to the pan and stir slowly until melted, keeping heat on low.
3. Once the marshmallows are melted, add the cereal and stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Press into a greased 9×13 pan. You can use a greased spatula or wax paper to manage the stickiness.
5. On low power, melt the white chocolate in 15 second intervals. Stir carefully between each interval and continue until chocolate is completely melted.
- Gently drizzle evenly over Rice Krispies.
7. Gently pour both packages of poprocks and sprinkles evenly over chocolate.
8. Allow chocolate to set before cutting and serving.
Use these pro tips for the perfect rice krispie treats!
- The secret to PERFECT rice krispie treats is melting the butter and marshmallow EXTRA slow. Trying to speed things up by turning up the heat will lead to hard treats!
- You can adjust the amount of white chocolate drizzle and pop rocks to your liking!
3. To solidify the chocolate quickly, you can put in the fridge for a few minutes …but don’t leave them in there for long!
4. You can line your pan with wax or parchment paper to easily remove the treats for even cutting.
These fun cookies will be a hit for your summer barbecue or potluck!
More fun patriotic craft and fun food ideas!
- Glitter Star Wands
- Pom Pom American Flag Craft
- Popsicle Stick American Flag Craft
- Cork Paint American Flag Craft
- American Flag Fruit Pizza Cookie
- Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Stars
- 4th of July Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
- Chocolate Covered Patriotic Oreos
- Chocolate Dipped Patriotic Pretzel Rods
- Healthy 4th of July Fruit Skewers
- Delicious American Flag Brownies