Super Cute Bunny, Chick, and Sheep Easter Dessert Ideas!
Fun kid food ideas just put a smile on your face, don’t they? I remember the first time I made a funny face sandwich for my daughter. I could have put dirt on that sandwich and she would have eaten it because it made her laugh. Easter is such a kid friendly holiday (Easter egg hunts, dying eggs, Bunny trains, petting baby animals). Why not add to the fun by making these super cute and festive Easter-themed chocolate covered pretzel rods?
These cuties are fantastic Easter dessert ideas and the best part is that even though they look complicated, it is really just dipping bread in chocolate. How can that ever be a bad idea?
- Pretzel rods
- White candy melts
- white chocolate morsels, or
- vanilla almond bark
For the bunny
- Mini marshmallows (bunny ears)
- Pink sprinkling sugar (bunny ears)
- Mini chocolate chip morsels (bunny eyes)
- Heart sprinkles (bunny nose)
- Black candy melts (bunny whiskers)
For the sheep
- Black candy melts (sheep face)
- Marshmallow Mini Bits (sheep wool)
For the chick
- Yellow candy melts
- Yellow sprinkling sugar (chick feathers)
- Mini chocolate chip morsels (chick eyes)
- White nonpareil sprinkles (sheep eyes)
- Orange and yellow mini M&M candies (chick wings and beak)
- Turquoise candy melts
- Orange candy melts
- Bright pink candy melts
- Lavender candy melts
- Bunny mix sprinkle
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Pour candy coating over two-thirds of the pretzel rod and shake gently to remove excess. If applying sprinkles, do so immediately rotating the pretzel rods to coat all sides. Larger sprinkles work best if placed individually.
- Place pretzel rod on waxed paper or cooling rack. (Cook’s notes: Waxed paper makes for easier release.)
- If drizzling with additional colored candy melts, allow initial candy coating to set completely. Then, use a spoon or fork to drizzle candy coating over the pretzel rods. Before the pretzel sets, gently pick it up and move to clean wax paper.
- Let pretzel rods dry completely before packaging or serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the pretzel to soften.