Patriotic Decorated Oreos Perfect For Your Summer Cookout!
With just a little extra time, you can transform anything into something special with melted chocolate. Am I right?!
These patriotic decorated Oreos are so festive and your kids would love to help you decorate them!
So, why not dress up your summer cookout or picnic with these chocolate dipped Oreo cookies and be the hit of your gathering!
What You NEed:
- 1 (15.35 ounce) package Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Blue candy melts wafers
- 2 (12 ounce) packages red candy melts wafers
- Star Sprinkles
- Piping Bags
How to make the patriotic decorated Oreos
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Dip each cookie into melted candy. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper. Allow to set completely before proceeding to the next step. To speed the process, cookies can be refrigerated or placed in the freezer in a single layer.
- Transfer melted candy coating to a piping bag or a zip top freezer bag with the corner snipped. Create solid lines of an alternating color across the cookie in stripes.
- Sprinkle Patriotic themed jimmies or stars on the chocolate-dipped oreos before the chocolate sets.
- Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Don’t these look gorgeous?!!!
More 4th of July and Patriotic Fun Kid Food Ideas!
- 4th of July chocolate dipped pretzel rods
- Patriotic chocolate dipped marshmallows
- Super fun and healthy patriotic themed fruit kabobs