Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Stars
These patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Stars are so fun for the 4th of July or any other summer gathering. You kids will love the fact that they are Rice Krispie treats, with all their gooey marshmallow goodness. Then, the fun factor is completely maxed out with the drizzled chocolate, patriotic themed sprinkles, and the fact that they are star shaped!
What you will need:
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- (10 ounce) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Blue candy wafer melts
- Red candy wafer melts
- Patriotic sprinkles
- Star cookie cutter
- Waxed paper
How to make the stars!
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow.
- Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Use cookie cutter to cut treats. If the treats are loose, press additional krispie mixture into the cookie cutter before releasing the shape onto waxed paper. Reshape the remaining cereal in your baking pan until all is used.
- Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
- Transfer melted candy to a piping bag or freezer bag with the corner snipped.
- Drizzle melted candy over treats. Immediately add sprinkles.
- Allow to dry completely before packaging or storing.
And there you have it! Look at how fun these turned out? Can’t you just taste the gooey, krispie goodness too?
More Patriotic Fun Kid Food Ideas!
Check out these ideas for more fun ideas your kids will love!
- Patriotic Chocolate Dipped Oreos
- 4th of July Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
- Fun and Healthy 4th of July Fruit Kabobs
- 4th of July Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows