Red, White, and Blue Sand Fireworks Craft For Kids
This Red, White, and Blue Sand Fireworks craft for kids is all the messy fun without having to use glitter. Such a pretty and sparkly craft for 4th of July or Memorial Day!
Kids love craft that sparkle. Sparkly craft like this fireworks craft are so pretty. But let’s be honest, sometimes committing to glitter is not something us adults want to do. There are a number of reasons why glitter isn’t your thing. It’s not very eco-friendly, it can be VERY messy, and one glitter mishap and you know you will be picking glitter off of your hair or clothes for months.
Glitter never goes away.
Fortunately, you can get the sparkly effect with other craft materials too! I love this simple but super fun red, white, and blue sand fireworks craft! There is still plenty of messy fun factor, but without the baggage of glitter. This would be a perfect craft project for Memorial Day, 4th of July, or really anytime in the summer!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
Red sand (this is a great type of craft sand here!)
Black construction paper
Tray (this is a fantastic tray to use for crafts and to keep the mess at bay)
How to make the red, white, and blue sand fireworks craft
- Using glue, draw the fireworks on the construction paper. You can choose how many fireworks you’d like to draw on the page. For this activity, we chose 4.
- Sprinkle each color of sand onto the glue and paper.
- Pick up the paper and move from side to side to make sure all glue is covered with sand.
- Empty excess sand that does not stick to the glue into the tray.
- Set aside and allow to dry completely.
Aren’t these firecrackers so pretty?
More Fun Patriotic Craft And Fun Food Ideas!
- Glitter Star Wands
- Pom Pom American Flag Craft
- Popsicle Stick American Flag Craft
- Cork Paint American Flag Craft
- American Flag Fruit Pizza Cookie
- Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Stars
- 4th of July Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
- Pop Rocks Firecracker Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Covered Patriotic Oreos
- Chocolate Dipped Patriotic Pretzel Rods
- Healthy 4th of July Fruit Skewers
- Delicious American Flag Brownies