Moana Mickey Ears Disney Ornament Craft
This Moana Mickey Ears Disney Ornament craft set is the perfect Disney-themed ornament craft to do with your kids this holiday season. Great for the Christmas tree of any Disney-loving family!
When Moana was released our family could not stop watching this masterpiece in Disney animation! The story is incredible. The music is phenomenal. And Moana instantly became a favorite in our home. I imagine it became a favorite with your family too!
If you love Moana or if you just love Disney in general, you will love making this Moana Mickey Ears Disney Ornament craft set with your kids. This Moana and Maui ornament set would look amazing on your tree this year! Read on for the full tutorial.
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
Moana Mickey Ears Ornament Crafts: Moana and Maui
What You Will Need:
- Cardstock or Construction Paper (cardstock would be better because it is a heavier material). For Moana, you need the following colors: black, light brown or dark tan (Moana’s flesh tone), blue, light red, tan/white/off-white, pink, maroon.
- For Maui you need the following colors of cardstock or construction paper: black, light brown/tan (flesh tone), and then either green and dark green OR yellow green and green (just pick on of those combinations)
- Glue stick (like kids use in school)
- White school glue (like Elmer’s glue)
- Optional: paper plate or small tray, paintbrush
- Optional: Black marker or sharpie (for tracing)
- Scissors with sharp edges (so, adult scissors, not kid scissors)
- Glitter in the following colors: red and black
- String or Ribbon; preferably a basic color like black or white.
- Moana Ornament Craft Template (see below)
How to Make the Moana Ornament: Moana
- Download and print out the Moana Mickey Head ornament template. Before you print, check out the instructions on the PDF download. If you choose, you can print each page of the template out on the corresponding color for each of the different parts of Moana’s outfit.
Alternative: You could also print out the PDF template on white paper. Then cut all the pieces out, trace them on the color paper needed, and then cut them out again. This method does involve more steps (and twice as much cutting), but if you can’t figure out how to print the template one page at a time on colored cardstock, this might be an easier option for you. (to be fair, that’s the option I choose. ha!)
Once you have cut out all the pieces set them aside.
Now let’s start assembling the Moana ornament!
First, take the two smaller black circles and glue them to the back of the larger tan circle. These are the Mickey Ears. You might want to use the Elmer’s glue (as opposed to the glue stick) for this step… just to ensure the ears stay stuck.
After the Mickey ears have been glued to the back of the ornament base, glue on the pieces for Moana’s outfit– start with the tan or off white skirt piece and her light red dress/top. Then glue on the matching light red skirt piece on top of the tan piece as pictured above.
Next, glue the pink flower to the top of the ornament base, just in front of the right ear and glue the maroon belt piece over the light red skirt piece. Finally, glue the blue heart of Te Fiti on the middle of the black neckace line. Follow the template below as a guide.
Now let’s assemble the Maui ornament!
Cut out all the pieces, using the Maui Ornament template. Set the pieces aside once you have cut them out.
Glue the two smaller black circles to the Maui body circle to make the Mickey ears. Then glue Maui’s darker color skirt piece to the main ornament. Finally, glue the lighter color green piece to the top of the darker green piece to form Maui’s skirt.
Next let’s add Glitter!
Add glitter! So, there are two options with the glitter. You could glitter your pieces before you glue them together or you could glitter your pieces after the cardstock elements are already glued together. Either way, you will want the glitter to dry completely before you move onto the next step.
Pro tip: You don’t want to use too much glue or the glitter will be clumpy. You also don’t want to use too little glue or the glitter will not stick to the cardstock evenly. Definitely use Elmer’s glue (or glue like that). Best crafting practice: squirt glue onto a plate or tray and then use a small paintbrush to paint the area you want to add glitter to.
Then, sprinkle the glitter onto the area, shake off the excess, and let it dry.
For Moana, add black glitter to the Mickey ears, and add red glitter to the belt/sash piece on Moana’s light red dress (use the photo as a guide).
For Maui, add black glitter to the Mickey ears and then add a strip of black glitter to the black belt strip right above Maui’s skirt.
Finally, flip over the ornament and add a bit of white school glue to the back. Loop a piece of string or ribbon and glue in place.
Allow the glue to dry completely.
Christmas Traditions Your Family Will Cherish
Christmas traditions are some of the most powerful bonding opportunities for your family. I know the memories I made as a kid at Christmas-time are a strong anchor for me as an adult.
There are so many ideas though. It’s hard to keep track, isn’t it? Well, these Christmas family traditions are fantastic. Hope you like these ideas!
- Throw a North Pole Breakfast for your kids
- Santa official nice list certificate- FREE Printable
- Take your family on the North Pole Express- FREE Printable
- How to answer the most common questions your kids have about Santa
- Easy ways to help kids in need this Christmas
- 10 Family Bonding activities for the best Christmas ever!
If you loved these Moana Mickey Ears Ornaments, here are More Christmas Ornament Ideas Your Kids Will Love!
- Simple Beaded Wreath Ornament Craft
- Christmas Tree Handprint Ornament
- Easy Cinnamon Ornaments to make with your kids
- Clear Filled Santa Belly Ornament Craft
- Easy Mason Jar Lid Snowman Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Santa Ornament Craft
- Clear Filled Grinch Ornament Craft
- Christmas Craft Stick Ornaments
- Clear Filled Snowman Ornament Craft