Easter Bunny Toilet Paper Roll Craft For Kids
This Easter Bunny Toilet Paper Roll Craft For Kids is really adorable and it comes with a FREE printable template. Such a great activity to do with kids!
Here comes Peter Cottontail, jumping down the bunny trail…. Yep, Easter is on it’s way! Easter and Springtime in general are such a fun time of the year. I will be honest, I absolutely adore spring and Easter time. The world wakes up from it’s long winter nap, the flowers start blooming. Everything is so happy!
And the Easter Bunny is definitely a huge part of the happy (or should I say.. hoppy) celebration. If you are looking for fun and easy Easter crafts to do with your kids, this Easter Bunny Toilet Paper Roll Craft is really quite fun. It is fairly simple and there are options for how you create it that will fit with your activity style (and tolerance for mess).
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
what you will need to make the easter bunny toilet paper roll craft:
- Cardboard roll (like a toilet paper roll)
- 1 inch white pom pom ball
- White tempura paint or white cardstock
- White pipe cleaner, if whiskers are desired
- Googly eyes
- Quick dry tacky glue or school glue
- Bunny Rabbit Template File (download here) and/or white and pink cardstock
How to make the bunny craft:
1. The first thing you need to do it get the toilet paper roll white. There are three ways you can do this. The easiest way is to purchase craft tubes that are already white. But if you would rather use what you already have, the next easiest way to get a white bunny rabbit body is to wrap it in white cardstock or construction paper.
- For this method, make sure the paper covers the entire roll, lay the roll on the paper and mark the height of the roll with a pencil mark.
Cut a strip of paper that size and wrap it around the roll. Secure the ends with glue to make sure it stays put. You could also use double sided tape.
- The messiest (and let’s be honest, most fun) method for whitening the toilet paper roll tube is to paint it white. If you are doing this craft with kids I would use tempura paint. Although acrylic paint would probably work better. Either way, you will likely need multiple coats of paint in order for the bunny to actually look white. Let your bunny body dry.
5. Print the Bunny Rabbit Template (FREE download.. click here or the photo above). Cut out the features of the bunny. If you want to give your kid fine motor skill practice, let them cut out the features with scissors. Or, you could even have your child trace the cut outs onto white and pink cardstock. It is really totally up to how much time you have and what your preference is.
Create your bunny!
3. Allow children to create the Bunny Rabbit by gluing the bunny rabbit features to the cardboard tube. For the snout and teeth, glue the white teeth to the back of the heart shape. Then position the pointy end of the heart facing down at about the halfway point of the bunny body. The teeth should peak out from the bottom of the heart snout.
- Then glue the small white circle nose to the pointy end of the heart.
Once the mouth and snout of the bunny is glued on, help your kids glue the two googly eyes onto the Easter Bunny body. If you don’t have googly eyes, you can also use eyes included with the template.
- For the feet, cut out the small pink circles and apply glue to about half the circle. Tuck the end with the glue into the toilet paper roll and fold it so the glue affixes to the inside of the roll and the other half pops out as the feet.
- For the bunny ears, but out the long pink and white ovals. Glue the smaller pink oval to the center of the white oval. Then glue the bunny ears to the inside of the toilet paper roll.
- For the bunny butt (yes, your kids can laugh when you say that!), glue the white pom pom to the white paper circle. Then glue the circle and pom pom to the bottom back side of the toilet paper roll.
9. Optional step: It would be super easy to make whiskers from one white pipe cleaner. Just cut one white pipe cleaner into four even pieces. Glue each piece to the bunny snout area to create whiskers!
And there you have it! Isn’t this little Easter Bunny so adorable?
Check Out These Fun Easter Ideas Too!
- How to dye Easter Eggs without making a mess
- Baby Chick Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Gorgeous Marbled Easter Eggs
- Simple Painted Easter Eggs
- How to dye Easter Eggs naturally
- Bunny and Chick Craft Stick Craft
- Hopping Bunny Paper Plate Craft
- Paper Plate Hatching Chick Craft
- Egg Carton Easter Bunny Craft
- Easter Bunny Pancakes
- Easter Bunny Paper Plate Craft
- Chocolate Dipped Oreo Baby Chicks
- Chocolate Dipped Easter Animal Pretzel Rods
- Bunny Butt Cupcakes
- Beautiful Shaving Cream Painted Easter Eggs
- Crayon Resist Watercolor Easter Eggs