Dollar Store Coffee Filter Rainbow Craft For Kids
Go to the Dollar Store to get all the supplies for this adorable Coffee Filter Rainbow Craft for Kids!
We love Dollar Store crafts in our family. It’s so nice to grab some cheap craft supplies for a fun crafternoon. Coffee filters and washable markers from the Dollar Store transform into a magical rainbow craft! This is a super easy craft even young kids will love making! Also, since it doesn’t use paint, it shouldn’t be too messy!
What you will need:
- Coffee Filters – Dollar Store
- Washable Markers – Dollar Store
- Craft Paper; White and Pink – Dollar Store
- Wiggle Eyes – Dollar Store
- Glue Sticks – Dollar Store
- Gallon Size Zipper Bag OR Metal Baking Sheet Pan – Dollar Store
- Glue Gun
- Water Spray Bottle
- Permanent Marker
- Download the FREE PATTERNS for this craft! (see below)
Check out this fun rainbow and unicorn craft book! (click below)
How to make the coffee filter rainbow
Flatten round coffee filters, and add colors in circles, in rainbow order with washable marker.
Place on a gallon size zipper bag or metal baking sheet pan and then mist with a water spray bottle. Watch the magic as the colors blend and swirl! Set aside to dry.
Once dry, fold coffee filters in half and then cut along the fold with scissors, creating two rainbow shapes from each filter.
Download, print and cut out patterns (see below). Trace one cloud shape onto white craft paper and cut out with scissors. Attach cloud to rainbow with the glue gun and glue sticks.
Trace two cheek shapes onto pink craft paper and then cut out with scissors.
Assemble the Kawaii inspired face on the cloud, using the photo as your guide. Add wiggle eyes, then cheeks. Draw smile on face with permanent marker.
Create this Dollar Store Coffee Filter Rainbow Craft in just about 30 minutes with help from the kiddos! This activity teaches color theory and blending. Great to use a suncatcher
Check Out These Fun Rainbow Craft And Activity Ideas Too!
- Dollar Store Cloud and Rainbow Craft Stick Craft
- Jellyfish Rainbow Craft
- Craft Stick Rainbow Boat
- How to Make Crystal Rainbows
- Rainbow Pancake and Fruit Skewers
- Rainbow Slime!
- Unicorn Paper Plate Rainbow Craft For Kids
- Cereal and Marshmallow Rainbow Necklace
- Rainbow Ribbon Craft