Rainbow Unicorn Paper Plate Craft For Kids
This super fun Rainbow Unicorn Paper Plate craft for kids would be perfect for Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, or any fun day! So cute!
My daughter LOVES unicorns. I mean… she is in the rainbows and unicorns phases of life (I am so jealous!).
This rainbow unicorn craft would be so simple to put together and such a fun craft for kids!
It would work for Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, or just because… because rainbows and unicorns are just so happy!
And because this rainbow unicorn paper plate craft is really so simple, it would be an easy craft to do on a larger scale– like for a Girl Scout troop, a school event, or a birthday party.
What you will need to make this rainbow unicorn paper plate craft!
- Paper plate
- Cardstock or construction paper in rainbow colors
- White cardstock or construction paper
- Yellow cardstock or construction paper
- Rainbow colored self-adhesive heart stickers
- Scissors and ruler or guillotine paper cutter
- Quick dry tacky glue or school glue
- Stapler, optional
- Black permanent marker
How to make this super cute rainbow unicorn!
1. Cut colorful paper into 1 inch strips approximately 4 inches long. (You will need about 14 strips.) These will be the mane.
2. With one sheet of colored paper, cut a large heart shape. This will be the muzzle.
3. From the yellow paper, cut a horn shape.
4. With the white paper, fold in half and cut an ear shape, creating two identical ears.
5. Begin by attaching the horn to the FRONT of the paper plate using glue or a stapler.
6. Then, attach the ears to the back of the paper plate on either side of the horn. Add heart stickers to the ears and around the horn as decoration.
7. Flip the paper plate and attach the strips for the mane using glue. Allow to dry completely before continuing.
8. On the FRONT of the paper plate, attach the large heart muzzle. On the heart, add two small stickers for nostrils and a larger heart sticker as the tongue/mouth.
9. Using a black marker, draw closed eyes.
10. Allow to dry completely before playing with this craft or displaying it.
Isn’t this the most fun craft ever?!