Super Adorable Cereal and Marshmallow Rainbow Necklace!
This rainbow necklace would make such a cute, fun and easy project for even young kids to try! Oh, and fun to eat afterwards too!
If you are looking for a super fun (and tasty) craft that even young kids can do, this rainbow necklace will surely be a hit. Preschoolers and toddlers would probably need a little help but once the needle is threaded they will love picking up the fruit cereal and building their rainbow.
Older kids will pretty much be able to do this on their own.. and afterwards it will be so much fun to eat.. I mean wear, their new treasures!
There are so many fun ways to incorporate this activity into your family fun plan. St. Patrick’s Day is an obvious one… same with springtime. But if your child is learning colors, or you want them to practice fine motor skills this would be an awesome activity.
Also, it is really not messy. A great snow day activity or even an outdoor camping activity. Really, the possibilities are endless.
And just look at how adorable this rainbow necklace is!
What you need:
- Fruit cereal
- Yarn or string
- Plastic yarn needle
How to make it!
- Cut a length of yarn or string to fit around your child’s head.
- Run one end of the string through the eye of a plastic yarn need.
- Sort the fruit cereal into small piles by color.
- Thread a marshmallow onto the string slightly further than halfway.
- Thread four pieces of purple fruit cereal onto the string, followed by four pieces of blue cereal, four pieces of green cereal, four pieces of yellow cereal, four pieces of orange cereal, and four pieces of red cereal.
- Finish by stringing another marshmallow on the end of the cereal sequence. Tie a knot at the end of the string to secure the necklace on your child’s neck.
And that’s it! Isn’t this the easiest and cutest.. and most delicious necklace you have ever seen?
Have fun and thanks for popping by!