10 Habits That Make Winter Months Miserable
The Winter can be super fun and cozy but these 10 habits will definitely make your winter months miserable.
Unless you are a winter sports fan, the winter months can be kind of miserable for anyone who isn’t a ski bunny. The temperatures are frigid, and the idea of hibernating until winter looks more appealing with each passing day.
Though the weather outside might be miserable, there are a few habits that could be contributing to your winter blues. Here are ten habits that make winter months miserable.
1. You aren’t moving enough
During the colder months, we tend to hide away and watch Netflix all winter. It’s essential to make sure you are getting some exercise every day to avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
2. You are living in a sauna all winter
Heat makes us feel tired and sluggish. If you are living in a sauna all winter long, then you may be feeling a bit more tired than usual as a result!
3. You are only indulging in comfort foods
The colder the weather, the more we find ourselves eating carbs and other comfort foods. Comfort foods should be eaten in moderation, and don’t forget about fruits and vegetables! It’s still okay to have some comfort foods, make sure they’re not every single meal.
4. You are staying cooped up inside all winter
While the weather might be cold, it’s important to venture outside at least once each day. This will help you get some much needed Vitamin D and will improve your mood.
5. You take too many hot showers
A hot shower or bath before bed can help you get better sleep, but too many could be the reason you are always feeling sleepy.
6. You are not practicing a good skincare routine
Your skin needs sunscreen and moisture during the winter months! Be sure you are adjusting your skin routine for the winter to avoid troubled skin.
7. You are sleeping far too much
Catching up on sleep isn’t a bad thing, but when you do it every single day, you could find yourself sleeping through the day! Daylight savings means your hours of sunlight are precious! Don’t spend them sleeping.
8. You are antisocial
Staying in means, we often avoid social interaction by accident. Make sure you are spending time with friends, even if it means more indoor activities.
9. You’ve had a bit too much to drink
The winter months mean a lot of holiday parties and sugary drinks. While a cocktail here and there can be a sweet treat, drinking too much can leave you dehydrated and feeling sluggish.
10. You’re not drinking enough water
Getting enough water in the winter months is a lot harder. During the summer months, it’s hot! We are drinking water to stay cool! Make sure even during the winter, you are still getting enough water! Just because you aren’t sweating every day doesn’t mean you aren’t dehydrated.
If you are doing any of these ten habits, then you could be the very reason why you’re not enjoying the winter season! There are so many wonderful things about winter, but it can be hard to see them.
Check Out These Self Care Ideas Too!
- How to create a weekly self care check-list
- Incorporate self care into your daily life
- Self care ideas when you are having a bad day
- Self Care Gift Ideas For Stressed Out Moms
- How to Make Time for Self Care as a Busy Mom
- Great self care habits to start in the morning
- Self care ideas that take 5 minutes or less
- 20 healthy habits Moms can do at work
- The one thing you can do improve life when you are overwhelmed
- One simple thing you can boost your mood today
- 12 Ways to Take Better Care of Yourself