Dollar Store Puzzle Shamrock Wreath Craft For Kids
Head over to the Dollar Store and pick up the supplies for this super festive Puzzle Shamrock Wreath Craft! Great for tweens and teens!
Upcycle a puzzle with missing pieces (or a new one from the Dollar Store) into a cute as can be home décor wreath and let your family know that they are LUCKY! This is the perfect craft to do with tweens and teens because it involves some more complicated steps. However, if your younger kids are crafty, they could totally make this with adult supervision!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
Click the photo for more information about this super fun activity book!
What you will need:
- Puzzle, 100 Piece – Dollar Store
- Washable Markers – Dollar Store
- Craft Paint – Light Green, Bright Green, Kelly Green and Dark Green
- Baker’s Twine – Black and White
- Cardstock – White, 1” by 11” Rectangle
- Chipboard (think recycled cereal or cracker boxes)
- Newspaper or Freezer Paper (to protect work surface)
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Craft Knife and Self-Healing Mat
- Paper Trimmer
- Free Craft Template for the SHAMROCK WREATH PATTERN (see below)
how to make the puzzle shamrock wreath craft!
Gather all supplies. Basecoat 25 puzzle pieces light green, 25 bright green, 25 kelly green and 25 dark green. Set aside to dry and apply a second coat, if necessary. Freezer paper makes a great, inexpensive cover for your work surface.
Download, print and cut shamrock wreath pattern (see below). Trace onto chipboard, cut outside with scissors and inside with craft knife on a self-healing mat.
Randomly attach puzzle pieces to shamrock wreath base with the glue gun and glue sticks.
Apply a second layer of puzzle pieces over top of the first layer. Mix and match the colors and shapes to create an organic pattern.
Measure and cut a rectangle of white cardstock one-inch wide and eleven-inches wide.
Starting at the left side, color one-inch sections in rainbow order with washable markers. Find the center and write the message LUCKY in pencil and then in black marker. Cut a fishtail in each end of the cardstock with scissors.
Fold the ends into a “Z” pattern and attach to the shamrock wreath with the glue gun and glue sticks.
Measure and cut a twelve-inch length of black and white baker’s twine and glue to the back of the wreath to use as a hanger.
Tie a bow in a second twelve-inch length of baker’s twine and attach to wreath to finish.
This is a fun activity to create with your tweens and teens. Make this Dollar Store shamrock shaped puzzle piece wreath in just about 30 minutes! For some additional fun look up the history of Shamrocks as they pertain to St. Patrick’s Day on the internet!
Check Out These Fun Rainbow and St. Patrick’s Day Craft And Activity Ideas Too!
- Dollar Store Cloud and Rainbow Craft Stick Craft
- Leprechaun Hat Craft Stick Craft!
- Jellyfish Rainbow Craft
- St. Patrick’s Day Treat Wands
- Leprechaun Bait!
- Leprechaun Paper Plate Craft
- Coffee Filter Rainbow Craft
- Craft Stick Rainbow Boat
- How to Make Crystal Rainbows
- Rainbow Pancake and Fruit Skewers
- Rainbow Slime!
- Unicorn Paper Plate Rainbow Craft For Kids
- Cereal and Marshmallow Rainbow Necklace
- Rainbow Ribbon Craft