Dollar Store Mason Jar Leprechaun Craft For Kids
Grab your supplies from the Dollar Store and make this super fun Mason Jar Leprechaun Craft either with your kids or for your kids as a St. Patrick’s Day gift!
Candy Coated Peanut Butter Candies create the perfect backdrop for this magically delicious treat! You could make this fun Mason Jar Leprechaun craft with your kids to give as gifts to friends. Or, you could make them without your kids to give as a treat for them on St. Patrick’s Day. Either way, this cute Mason Jar Leprechaun will be a hit!
Click the photo for more information about this super fun activity book!
What you will need:
- Mason Jar, Pint Size – Dollar Store
- Leprechaun Hats – Dollar Store
- Candy Coated Peanut Butter Candies – Dollar Store (just the orange ones!)
- Wiggle Eyes – Dollar Store
- Pom Pom, Gold Tinsel – Dollar Store
- Glue Sticks – Dollar Store
- Craft Paper, Gold Glitter – Dollar Store
- Craft Felt – Cream, Orange and Bright Green
- Ribbon, Green Gingham
- Button – Kelly Green
- Cardboard Tube – Recycled TP tube fits perfectly
- Glue Gun
- Permanent Marker
- Paper Towel
- FREE Leprechaun Craft Template PATTERN SHEET (see below)
How To Make the Mason Jar Leprechaun Craft:
Gather all supplies. Separate the orange candies from the brown and yellow ones.
Place cardboard tube in the center of the mason jar and fill with crumpled paper towels.
While holding onto the paper tube, carefully pour orange candies into jar. Gently shake jar to allow the candies to settle. Place the candies at the neck of the jar with your fingers and then cover the top of the tube.
Download, print and cut out the templates from the pattern sheet (SEE BELOW). With permanent marker, trace face onto cream felt, mustache onto orange felt, buckle onto glitter paper and then cut out with scissors. TIP: Cut on the inside of the traced lines for a cleaned finished project.
Using glue gun and glue sticks, attach face, mustache, wiggle eyes and pom pom nose referring to photo for placement.
Remove the elastic cord from the plastic Leprechaun hat. Trace shamrock onto bright green felt, cut out with scissors and attach Kelly green button to center. Glue green gingham ribbon around the base of the hat, and gold glitter buckle to the front center, securing with the glue gun and glue sticks. To finish, adhere shamrock to hat. Screw lid onto jar and place hat tightly over lid.
Create this Mason Jar Leprechaun craft in just about 30 minutes with help from the kiddos! This family fun activity teaches color, sorting, cutting and counting skills.
Check Out These Fun Rainbow and St. Patrick’s Day Craft And Activity Ideas Too!
- Dollar Store Cloud and Rainbow Craft Stick Craft
- Coffee Filter Leprechaun Craft
- Kawaii-Inspired Shamrocks Craft
- Rainbow and Pot of Gold Craft
- Leprechaun Hat Craft Stick Craft!
- Jellyfish Rainbow Craft
- St. Patrick’s Day Treat Wands
- Leprechaun Bait!
- Leprechaun Paper Plate Craft
- Puzzle Piece Shamrock Wreath Craft
- Coffee Filter Rainbow Craft
- Craft Stick Rainbow Boat
- How to Make Crystal Rainbows
- Rainbow Pancake and Fruit Skewers
- Rainbow Slime!
- Unicorn Paper Plate Rainbow Craft For Kids
- Cereal and Marshmallow Rainbow Necklace
- Rainbow Ribbon Craft