10 Hacks For Camping With Kids
These 10 Hacks for Camping With Kids will definitely help maximize fun with your family on your next camping trip!
Camping with your significant other and with your kids are two completely different experiences. However, there are a few things you can do to help make camping with your kids so much easier! Here are ten hacks for camping with kids.
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
1. Make sure you bring plenty of entertainment when camping with kids
While you might have fun just basking in the fresh woodsy air, your kids won’t feel the same way. Bring lots of things to keep them entertained and keep them occupied while you’re in between activities.
2. Pre Cook food for easy campfire food
Trying to cook while your kids are running around a hot fire is just a recipe for disaster! Instead, do a lot of the precooking ahead of time so you can have everything you need right there at the campsite!
3. Lay foam tiles on the floor of your tent
If you have little ones in your tent, having foam tiles on the floor can be great for crawlers! This is also a great way to ensure that your kids have a soft floor to sleep on instead of the hard ground.
4. Bring lots of baby wipes
Baby wipes are great for cleaning up sticky hands, wiping yourself down after a sweaty hike, and something to get you in between showers!
5. Get creative with campfire food
Instead of just sticking with hot dogs over a campfire, take your campfire food up a notch. Get creative with your s’ mores by turning them into campfire cones. Make a campfire pizza instead of burgers.
6. Pack plenty of blankets
Blankets aren’t just for staying warm at night; they can also be a great way to add a little cushion to a hard campground floor!
7. Keep your supplies organized
Organization won’t just help yourself, but it will help your kids too! Use clear plastic bins to store your items! These will keep dirt and bugs away from your stuff and make it easy for you to find exactly what you’re looking for!
8. Use plastic bags to organize clothes
This has been a huge lifesaver, especially with smaller kids! Use Ziploc bags to store your clothes. This will keep them away from the woods and allow your kids to easily grab a fresh pair of clothes when they need one.
9. Use glow sticks for night lights- A surefire hit for camping with kids!
Glow sticks are a great way to light up the night! Give your kids a few to help them get around the tent at night, or as a little nightlight for those scared of the dark.
10. Create a play area using a screened canopy
If you have toddlers or small kids, get a screened-in canopy for them to play in! This will create a safe and fun place for them to play where you can still keep an eye on them.
Camping with kids doesn’t have to be complicated! If you use these tips, you’ll be able to go camping with your kids so much easier, and you’ll find that it’s not so bad! While these might not work for everyone, I have found these tips to be the most helpful for me and my family!
Check Out These Great Camping Resources for Camping with kids too!
- The Lazy Mom’s Guide To Camping With Kids
- How to Cook While You are Camping
- How to put together a Camping First Aid Kit
- Camping Equipment that Goes Beyond the Basics
- Tips to Create the Best Camping Supply List
- How to camp in the rain and still have a blast!
- 20 fun camping activities to try with your kids
- 10 awesome reasons to take your kids camping this fall!
- Keep the bugs away while camping