Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
How To Make Valentine’s Day Slime
Is your child obsessed with slime or do they have even a marginal fascination with it?
I wouldn’t say we are obsessed in our house… but it is definitely fun to play with. Slime is really just fun to make and surprisingly simple. Maybe that is why you can literally make slime fit with any holiday or theme.
If you want a fun Valentine’s Day themed slime, this is an easy but super fun idea!
What you will need:
- 2 (6 ounce) bottles Elmer’s Glue in clear
- About ½ cup warm water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ tablespoon contact lens solution (containing boric acid)- This slime activator is cool.
- About 1 ½ tablespoon glitter in white, silver, or iridescent
- Toys or foil confetti (these slime add-in’s are pretty awesome! The heart confetti featured is from this set)
How to Make the Valentine’s Day Slime
1. Empty the glue into a large bowl.
2. Fill the empty glue bottle about ⅓ full with warm water (about ¼ cup) and seal with the lid. Shake well to combine the remaining glue with the water. Pour into bowl with glue and stir to combine.
3. Add the baking soda to the glue and stir to mix thoroughly.
4. If you are adding additional glitter or confetti, stir the glitter into the glue mixture.
5. Add contact lens solution to the glue mixture and stir well. (Note: regular glue will require less contact lens solution than glitter glue. Add the contact lens solution slowly, mixing between additions, and add only enough to bring the glue together into a soft ball.)
6. Remove the slime from the bowl allowing any excess liquid to remain in the bowl. The slime will be sticky. Begin to play with the slime, kneading it as you would bread dough, to bring the slime together. The slime is ready when no longer sticky.
7. Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not in use.
This slime would be such a fun activity for Valentine’s Day!
Here are some super cute FREE Printable Valentines For Kids:
Are you looking for some cute ideas for Valentines your kids can hand out at school this year? These are some super cute ideas.. and they are all FREE Printables!
- Love Potion Valentines for Kids
- Play-Doh themed Valentine for Kids
- Wheely Good Friend Valentine
- Sip Sip Hooray! Valentine
- Cutie Orange Valentine
- Pop Rock Valentine
- Cool Sunglasses Valentine
Check out these fun Valentine’s Day Craft Ideas!
- Heart Paper Wreath Craft
- Pom Pom Love Bug Craft
- Melted Bead Heart Suncatchers
- Cotton Ball Heart Painting Craft for Kids
- Craft Stick Love Bug Craft for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Cork Painting Craft for Kids
- Bee Mine Valentine’s Day Card for Kids to Make
- Sparkly Bow Band
- Ladybug Toilet Paper Roll Craft for Kids
- Easy Heart Suncatchers
- Love Bug Egg Craft for Kids
- Marbled Heart Bookmark Craft
- Footprint Ladybug Craft