Tissue Paper Planet Earth Paper Plate Craft For Kids
This is such a neat Planet Earth Paper Plate Craft for Kids. And it comes with a FREE Downloadable Template!
There are so many fun ways to celebrate Earth Day with kids. Some of our favorites include:
- Spend time outdoors in nature
- Plant a tree
- Make a project out of recyclables
(Here are some other amazing ideas for celebrating Earth Day With Kids!)
Personally, I love doing crafts with my daughter to celebrate pretty much any occasion. It’s a great time to slow down, talk about the creative process, why we even care about Earth Day, and how she can make a difference.
This Tissue Paper Planet Earth Paper Plate Craft is such a fun idea for kids. It comes with a FREE Printable Map Template you can cut out… and that is the most complicated part! The rest of the craft is super easy.
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What You Will Need:
- Blue tissue paper
- Green construction paper or cardstock
- Paper plate
- Printable Map template
- Elmer’s Glue
How to make the Earth Paper Plate Craft
1. Print out the Map Template. Carefully cut the template out if you want it to be super realistic. But seriously.. this is a paper plate craft. lol. If you cut some corners I don’t think your kids are going to mind… so don’t get a hand cramp with the fussy cutting! This step is probably best for an adult to do as prep for the craft. Click on the photo (or here) for FREE Template Download!
- Trace the template onto green card stock or construction paper. Cut out the green Earth. This is probably also best as an adult-prep step.
Cut the blue tissue paper into 1 inch squares.
- Scrunch the blue tissue paper and glue to the paper plate to form the ocean. This is probably the first realistic step for younger kids… but it involves glue and making noise (paper scrunching) so it will probably be a hit! Tip: Squirt a bunch of glue onto a paper plate and dip the blue pieces of paper into the glue before affixing them to the paper plate. This method is much easier (and less messy) for younger kids.
- Once the tissue paper ocean has covered the paper plate, position the continents/land so that they look like planet Earth! Tip: If you print out an extra Earth Template, you can use it as a guide for placement.
- Glue each piece of the land/map and stick them onto the paper plate ocean.
- Let Dry! If you want to hang this cute craft up, you can punch a hole in the top of the paper plate Earth, string some twine, yarn, or ribbon through it and hang it up.
Check out these fun Spring Crafts too!
- Plastic Egg Flower Craft
- Easy Pom Pom Flower Craft
- Emeraldalicious Earth Day Heart Charm Craft
- Shaving Cream Paint Flower Bouquet
- Cupcake Liner Butterfly Magnets