Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
Patriotic Party Poppers Craft For Kids
These patriotic party poppers are adorable and so easy to make. The perfect craft for kids this 4th of July!
If your young kids are anything like mine, the 4th of July fireworks are equal parts excitement and fear. Excitement because fireworks are totally awesome, right? Fear because fireworks are loud.
Once they get a little older kids it’s always fun to supervise your kids with snappers and the kind of fireworks that are sold at Wal-Mart and Target (so pretty safe). But still– sparklers and snappers are not really for little hands.
This adorable 4th of July craft for kids would be the perfect way for your super young kids to get in on the action and make some noise this 4th of July! Plus, look at how cute it is! Making these patriotic party poppers are not only easy, but tons of fun!
What you need:
- Craft Cardboard Rolls
- Red Tissue Paper
- 4th of July Themed Craft Confetti
- Red and Blue Ribbon
- Gold Pipe Cleaners
- Star Stickers
How To Make It!
- Fold a piece of tissue paper in half and wrap it around an empty toilet paper roll.
- Use a glue stick to secure the tissue paper in place.
- Tie red and blue ribbon around one end of the tissue paper.
- Pour confetti into the tube through the open end. To make your own red and blue confetti, cut up tissue paper, ribbon, or paper shreds into small bits.
- When the cardboard roll is full, tie the open end of the tissue paper closed with red and blue ribbon.
- Use scissors to curl the ribbon by running the side of the ribbon over the sharp edge of a pair of scissors.
- Decorate each end with a gold pipe cleaner. To curl the pipe cleaner, wrap the end around a pencil and remove the pencil from the center.
- Decorate the tube with star stickers. To use the confetti popper, pull hard on both ends at the same time to release the confetti.
Who wouldn’t want to celebrate the 4th of July with one of these festive poppers?
Here are more patriotic craft ideas!
- Glitter Star Wands
- Pom Pom American Flag Craft
- Popsicle Stick American Flag Craft
- Cork Paint American Flag Craft