Homemade Glow in the Dark Bouncy Balls
Homemade glow in the dark bouncy balls would be an awesome activity for curing boredom for any kids!
Ok, for real.. if you want to be a parent super hero, you are definitely going to want to make these homemade glow in the dark bouncy balls. First of all… they are glow in the dark! Secondly, they are bouncy balls! Your kids will go crazy for this activity!
This fun craft/activity would be great for summer camp at home, a snow day, or really any day that you want to cure kid boredom. Check out how easy they are to make too!
Sunshine Whispers participates in the Amazon Associates and Amazon Influencer Programs. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned on this site and in this post.
What you will need:
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon Borax Detergent Booster
- Glitter and/or food coloring
- 2 to 3 tablespoons glow in the dark glue (use this!)
Borax is not edible. This is not intended for children under 3 years old. Adult supervision required. Gloves are recommended for those with sensitive skin. Wash hands after playing. Glitter glue can also be used.
How to make the glow in the dark bouncy balls
- Mix together the water and borax until the borax is dissolved into the water.
2. Stir in glitter and/or food coloring.
3. Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons glue, depending on how large you want the ball to be. Stir as a thick slime begins to form.
- Once the glue has come together, use hands to squeeze and shape the ball.
5. Remove the ball from the solution and roll it in your hands, squeezing together, until the stickiness is gone and the ball is shaped.
- If the ball is still sticky, dip the ball back into the solution and then remove and roll in your hands until smooth.
Notes and tips:
If squeezed or thrown too hard, these balls will break but can be rolled and squeezed back together.
To make a ball with more than one color, we tried two ways:
- After adding the glue and before stirring, add a second color of food coloring. This method made a murky colored ball.
- After the thick slime forms, remove the ball from the solution. Start mixing a second ball. When the thick slime forms, add the first ball to the second and press together. Continue with instructions. This yielded the best results.
And check out what these bouncy balls look like when the lights go out!
check out these fun kid’s activities ideas too!
- How to Build an Epic Indoor Fort!
- Glow in the Dark Slime
- The Best Fluffy Slime Recipes ever!
- Meaningful Art Therapy Projects for Kids
- The Best Electricity Science Experiments to Try
- Totally awesome Equipment Free Outdoor Games to Play with Kids
- Engineering STEM challenges with simple materials
- 20 Science Experiments that are basically magic
- Surprisingly Delicious Edible Slime Recipes
- How to Make Crystal Rainbows
- 30 Day LEGO Challenge