Super Smart Mustache Cupcakes Great For Father’s Day!
These super smart Mustache Cupcakes are perfect for a handmade Father’s Day treat!
When you think of cute cupcakes, Father’s Day doesn’t immediately come to mind. But seriously, look at how adorable these cupcakes are! Even if your Dad isn’t sporting facial hair he will get a kick out of digging into these super smart mustache cupcakes this Father’s Day!
Plus, they are surprisingly easy to make. They use a basic box cake mix, one type of frosting, and one color fondant. That’s it.
So, why not whip up a dozen of these cuties this year and watch your Dad smile big. These are definitely NOT your average tie!
What You Will Need:
- 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes (we baked ours in gold cupcake liners)
- 4-6 oz. Black Fondant
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
Yields: One dozen decorated cupcakes
How To Make The Mustache Cupcakes
- Before decorating, ensure your cupcakes are cool to the touch. This will ensure that everything stays put.
- To make one fondant mustache: roll out two spheres out of your black fondant. They should be about ½ an inch in size each.
- Roll out each sphere into cylinders, about 1 inch in width.
- Slightly flatten out each fondant cylinder and pinch one end, giving it a point.
- Curl up the point slightly.
- Do it on your other cylinder, pointing the opposite side.
- Score some lines on each mustache side using a toothpick.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk. Start the speed on low and increase to high.
- Scoop the buttercream into a piping bag with Wilton tip #12 attached. Frost the center of each cupcake.
- Place one fondant mustache on each cupcake.
- Serve and enjoy!