New Year’s Paper Plate Clock Craft For Kids
This New Year’s Paper Plate Clock Craft for kids is the perfect activity for your family friendly New Year’s Eve celebrations!
Are you staying home for New Year’s Eve? Or, are you hosting a New Year’s Eve party for kids? Well, check out this awesome New Year’s Paper Plate Clock craft for kids!
It is really such a simple craft that even younger kids can make. And it won’t take more than maybe 15-20 minutes to create so you can make this clock craft at the beginning of the night. Then, your kids can get excited by moving the clock hands every hour until midnight (or kid-friendly midnight if they aren’t staying up that long).
Materials Needed to Make the Paper Plate Clock Craft
- Plain paper plates
- Curling ribbon, cut into approximately 6 inch pieces
- Number stickers (or markers)
- Cardstock (for clock hands)
- Star confetti with glue or stickers, optional
- Hole punch
How to Make the New Year’s Paper Plate Clock Craft
1. Punch holes around the edge of the paper plate.
2. Lace a piece of curling ribbon through two holes and tie to secure. Repeat until all holes are filled.
3. On the last two holes, add a bell to the curling ribbon as it is laced through the holes. This will be the top of the clock.
4. Cut two strips of cardstock to fit the paper plate from the middle to the edge of the center (depending on the size of the plate.) Punch a hole through one end of each paper strip.
5. Push a brad through the middle of the paper plate. Remove the brad and loop the brad through the holes of the strips cut to be the clock hands. Then, push the brad back through the hold in the middle of the paper plate and bend the ends behind the clock to keep in place.
6. Add numeral stickers or draw numbers on the clock face.
7. Curl the ends of the ribbon.
8. If desired, add star stickers around the bell.
Isn’t this such a festive New Year’s Eve craft?
More New Year’s Family Fun Ideas
- How to plan a kid friendly New Year’s Eve party on a dime
- New Years resolutions that will actually bring you joy