Watercolor Resist Mother’s Day Card Craft For Kids
This watercolor resist mother’s day card craft for kids is so simple and really a sweet craft idea for Mother’s Day!
There are so many fun ideas for Mother’s Day that are either free or low cost. Kids love showing Mom how much they love her. And Mother’s Day is the perfect time for kids to do something special for Mom. This watercolor resist Mother’s Day craft for kids is really so easy and such a sweet craft to do with kids.
The entire craft will likely take less than 30 minutes from start to finish.. even with super young kids. And this is not a messy craft either.
what you will need for this craft:
- White crayon or wax candle
- Watercolors with paintbrush
- White cardstock folded in half or blank card
How to Make The watercolor resist Mother’s Day card
1. Write and/or draw on the front of the card using the white crayon. It will be difficult to see but thicker lines work best.
2. Use watercolors to paint over the card revealing the message.
3. If the water bubbles up over the wax, you can use a paper towel to gently blot (don’t rub) the wax.
4. Allow to dry completely before writing inside the card.
That’s it! This craft is so ridiculously easy you will want to make a whole bunch of them with your kids. After you get done making cards, you could continue the craft session by just making posters or other art designs on the the cardstock.
Check out these mother’s day ideas too!
- 10 Inspirational Love Quotes to Warm Your Mother’s Heart
- Printable Mommy and Me Activity Page
- Printable Coupons For Mom
- Mommy and Me necklace keepsake craft
- Bottle Stamp flower bag gift for Mom
- Mother’s Day Printable Coloring Cards
- 20+ FREE Mother’s Day gift ideas for your kids to give